ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Glory

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: Old Glory

Here are a few from Today.

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Pentax Forum Moderator

Yes, Javier, and I think a lot of people have just plain forgotten the etiquette, like this guy. But, I do give all of them credit for at least showing their patriotism, even if it is a little tattered.
    I love this thread...and will have lots more to come...
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

BMOORE

Here's one from Monday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-img_0085_edited-2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Yes, Javier, and I think a lot of people have just plain forgotten the etiquette, like this guy. But, I do give all of them credit for at least showing their patriotism, even if it is a little tattered.
    I love this thread...and will have lots more to come...
    Ken, I should have explained the context of these images with the fellow and his guitar. Yesterday, I went to a rally held in L.A. where immigrants where marching and protesting and flying the Mexican flag high...This fellow was a part of a group of Veterans who where proudly flying Old Glory. Granted they where not treating the flag with the Respect it deserves, but they where at least flying the right flag and proud of it as was I...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Pentax Forum Moderator

Javier...that is one of the problems with words alone...I was only talking about my post of the tattered flag. I was also making a general comment of all the people who fly tattered flags or fly the flag during inclement weather or at night without being lit etc., As we both have commented on, most people don't remember how to properly display the flag anymore without being reminded. But as I "tried" to say, I still respect them for at least trying. Still, maybe we can "remind" all our PR friends, and they can "remind" all their friends, and through all this reminding, maybe we can "remind" everyone, and soon, everyone is flying "Old Glory" with the respect she so richly deserves!!!
    And for our friends in other countries...my sentiment goes out to your flags as well!!!
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Javier...that is one of the problems with words alone...I was only talking about my post of the tattered flag. I was also making a general comment of all the people who fly tattered flags or fly the flag during inclement weather or at night without being lit etc., As we both have commented on, most people don't remember how to properly display the flag anymore without being reminded. But as I "tried" to say, I still respect them for at least trying. Still, maybe we can "remind" all our PR friends, and they can "remind" all their friends, and through all this reminding, maybe we can "remind" everyone, and soon, everyone is flying "Old Glory" with the respect she so richly deserves!!!
    And for our friends in other countries...my sentiment goes out to your flags as well!!!
    Well said, and well received...
    Being there at that protest yesterday, really bugged me. I would say that 95% or more of those folks that where holding ''Upside down'' American flags do not realize that is was the blood of the very men they where protesting against that is allowing them to Protest freely....
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Here are a couple shot on film

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Nevada roadside memorial
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-vv9w7665.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Here are a couple from a little ways back. It's about time I added to this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-dsc_8186-2-640.jpg   Old Glory-dsc_1456-2-640.jpg   Old Glory-dsc_7627-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-old-glory.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

The view from my front porch. Everyday it isn't raining.

And sadly it irritates the "lady" across the road......
    Jim

Don't sweat the small stuff

Nikon user but I don't hate you if you aren't one.

εὐχαριστέω σύ

εὐχαριστέω σύ

At the dept.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It is still great to be an American, and it is wonderful to see this thread. I'm sure this has already been brought up, when I was a boy scout the biggest rule was to always have the American flag above all other flags, still to this day I still get upset when I see someone put a flag on top of my stars and stripes.

I hope that I soon can add to this wonderful thread.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

When this thread started back in April, I was embarassed that I could not contribute a single picture of Old Glory.
    Well I went out an rectified that today.
    I found a field of flags and submit the folloowing two pics.

Not really good shots, but a REALY GREAT SUBJECT.
    Dave

Nikon D60 :thumbsup:
    Nikor 35 f 1.8 ... Nikor 18-200 f 3.5/5.6 ...Nikor 18-55 f 3.5/5.6 ... Nikor 55-200mm f 4.5/5.6
    Nikon SB-600 Flash

Fujifilm FinePix S9000 - A Digicam ...
    Not a true DSLR but close enough :wink5:
    Promaster 5750DX Flash

Nikon FG :thumbsup:
    Nikon 50mm f 1.8 ,,, Quantaray 28-80mm f 3.5-4.5 ... Quantaray 80-300mm F 5
    Nikon MD-E motor drive
    Nikon SB-15 Flash

Just Lurking

One from quite a while back. Long may she wave.

PC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-img_0172a.jpg  

Here's another contribution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-dsc_5443-2-640.jpg   Old Glory-dsc_5409-2-640.jpg   Old Glory-dsc_5461-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Here's another contribution.
    These are great shots, OT. I think you mentioned somewhere previously that you were going to get some flag shots for this thread. All I can say is, when you set your mind to do something, you do it right. These are awesome! Now I feel encouraged to go out and look for more flags!

I love this thread!

Liz

angle is looking up between thunderstorms with strong winds on the island. yes it's faded and thin but my mom flies it proudly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-dsc_6172_edited-2f.jpg  

I feel the need to bump this up for Memorial day.
    Remember those who fought and those fighting!
    Long may she wave!

This thread is to precious to let die.

εὐχαριστέω σύ

εὐχαριστέω σύ

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Descanso gardens through the trees.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information