Old Glory

Printable View

• 05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
    jgredline
    Re: Old Glory
  • 05-01-2008, 08:21 PM
    ken1953
    Yes, Javier, and I think a lot of people have just plain forgotten the etiquette, like this guy. But, I do give all of them credit for at least showing their patriotism, even if it is a little tattered.
    I love this thread...and will have lots more to come...
  • 05-01-2008, 09:32 PM
    BMOORE
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's one from Monday.
  • 05-02-2008, 09:30 AM
    jgredline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ken1953
    Yes, Javier, and I think a lot of people have just plain forgotten the etiquette, like this guy. But, I do give all of them credit for at least showing their patriotism, even if it is a little tattered.
    I love this thread...and will have lots more to come...

Ken, I should have explained the context of these images with the fellow and his guitar. Yesterday, I went to a rally held in L.A. where immigrants where marching and protesting and flying the Mexican flag high...This fellow was a part of a group of Veterans who where proudly flying Old Glory. Granted they where not treating the flag with the Respect it deserves, but they where at least flying the right flag and proud of it as was I...
  • 05-02-2008, 11:38 AM
    ken1953
    Javier...that is one of the problems with words alone...I was only talking about my post of the tattered flag. I was also making a general comment of all the people who fly tattered flags or fly the flag during inclement weather or at night without being lit etc., As we both have commented on, most people don't remember how to properly display the flag anymore without being reminded. But as I "tried" to say, I still respect them for at least trying. Still, maybe we can "remind" all our PR friends, and they can "remind" all their friends, and through all this reminding, maybe we can "remind" everyone, and soon, everyone is flying "Old Glory" with the respect she so richly deserves!!!
    And for our friends in other countries...my sentiment goes out to your flags as well!!!
  • 05-02-2008, 11:45 AM
    jgredline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ken1953
    Javier...that is one of the problems with words alone...I was only talking about my post of the tattered flag. I was also making a general comment of all the people who fly tattered flags or fly the flag during inclement weather or at night without being lit etc., As we both have commented on, most people don't remember how to properly display the flag anymore without being reminded. But as I "tried" to say, I still respect them for at least trying. Still, maybe we can "remind" all our PR friends, and they can "remind" all their friends, and through all this reminding, maybe we can "remind" everyone, and soon, everyone is flying "Old Glory" with the respect she so richly deserves!!!
    And for our friends in other countries...my sentiment goes out to your flags as well!!!

Well said, and well received...:)
    Being there at that protest yesterday, really bugged me. I would say that 95% or more of those folks that where holding ''Upside down'' American flags do not realize that is was the blood of the very men they where protesting against that is allowing them to Protest freely....
  • 05-08-2008, 07:53 PM
    jgredline
  • 05-10-2008, 05:38 AM
    SmartWombat
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nevada roadside memorial
  • 05-10-2008, 07:30 AM
    Old Timer
    3 Attachment(s)
    Here are a couple from a little ways back. It's about time I added to this thread.
  • 05-10-2008, 08:43 AM
    Loupey
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 05-10-2008, 03:13 PM
    JFSanders
    The view from my front porch. Everyday it isn't raining.
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...1/DSC_0231.jpg

And sadly it irritates the "lady" across the road......
  • 05-11-2008, 03:02 PM
    jgredline
  • 05-14-2008, 06:53 PM
    jgredline
  • 05-15-2008, 12:40 PM
    Bakerman35
    1 Attachment(s)
    At the dept.
  • 05-15-2008, 01:04 PM
    retroactiv
    It is still great to be an American, and it is wonderful to see this thread. I'm sure this has already been brought up, when I was a boy scout the biggest rule was to always have the American flag above all other flags, still to this day I still get upset when I see someone put a flag on top of my stars and stripes.

I hope that I soon can add to this wonderful thread.
  • 05-18-2008, 07:41 PM
    Dave Smith
    When this thread started back in April, I was embarassed that I could not contribute a single picture of Old Glory.
    Well I went out an rectified that today.
    I found a field of flags and submit the folloowing two pics.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL206.../317830827.jpg

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL206.../317830831.jpg

Not really good shots, but a REALY GREAT SUBJECT.
  • 05-18-2008, 09:29 PM
    PrevailingConditions
    1 Attachment(s)
    One from quite a while back. Long may she wave.

PC
  • 05-19-2008, 05:24 AM
    Old Timer
    3 Attachment(s)
    Here's another contribution.
  • 05-19-2008, 06:28 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Here's another contribution.

These are great shots, OT. I think you mentioned somewhere previously that you were going to get some flag shots for this thread. All I can say is, when you set your mind to do something, you do it right. These are awesome! Now I feel encouraged to go out and look for more flags!

I love this thread!

Liz
  • 05-19-2008, 11:13 AM
    just_yo
    1 Attachment(s)
    angle is looking up between thunderstorms with strong winds on the island. yes it's faded and thin but my mom flies it proudly.
  • 05-24-2008, 04:45 PM
    Bakerman35
    I feel the need to bump this up for Memorial day.
    Remember those who fought and those fighting!
    Long may she wave!
  • 06-08-2008, 09:40 PM
    jgredline
    This thread is to precious to let die. :)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8940/imgp2700bx7.jpg
  • 06-18-2008, 06:41 PM
    jgredline
  • 06-18-2008, 06:45 PM
    jgredline
  • 06-22-2008, 10:44 AM
    jgredline
    Descanso gardens through the trees.
    http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9225/imgp2998vs6.jpg