Ok, first post.

Printable View

• 02-01-2004, 04:31 PM
    Hodgy
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ok, first post.
    Well, to the new forums at least.

woohooo, I can finally post. yeaaaaaaaaaaaa. Took awhile.

Here's a shot I did yesterday for a cd cover. Just a little softening of some areas. Otherwise untouched.
  • 02-01-2004, 04:37 PM
    Peter_AUS
    As always Hodgy, very nice. I wish I had some of your talent.
  • 02-01-2004, 05:36 PM
    Hodgy
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks Peter. Still playing around with the image, but I think it has potential.
  • 02-01-2004, 07:14 PM
    Peter_AUS
    The second one looks better to me. Depends on what else is going on the CD cover. I just love seeing your work.
  • 02-01-2004, 07:20 PM
    Hodgy
    Thanks Pete, second one is for the cd cover. Im going to work on it somemore for Fall Provincial competition.
  • 02-01-2004, 07:35 PM
    Peter_AUS
    You have been very busy lately the past 6-12 months I hope your recent marriage isn't suffering. I know business and the building of such is a high priority, but so is the Mrs. Being in Australia, what happens with competitions don't really register here as much as they do in the States, so don't know how to relate the Fall Provincial competition rates on the rickter scale.

How's the instruction side of the business going. There is just not much here, so learning is a trial and error thing. I think I have my printing closer to being worked out. I print my images myself selectively, but haven't been totally happy with the output. But today I think I might have got a handle on it ( is this a term used in America).
  • 02-01-2004, 07:50 PM
    TheFru
    Wow!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodgy
    Well, to the new forums at least.

woohooo, I can finally post. yeaaaaaaaaaaaa. Took awhile.

Here's a shot I did yesterday for a cd cover. Just a little softening of some areas. Otherwise untouched.

I went to ur site...very nice stuff there! 'Course I've always been a fan. Just can't seem to figure out how you pros do it. Must be something somewhere I'm missing.
  • 02-01-2004, 09:05 PM
    Cowgirl
    I like both of them Hodgy....but I'm leaning towards #2 also. I LOVE your work!

Kathy
  • 02-01-2004, 10:33 PM
    Peter_AUS
    The reason I like the second one is because
    the eyes and nose look better, you flipped the image ?? Yes. In the first one the nose and eyes just don't look balanced to me. But the second one they do. Being a trained nurse and having worked with eyes a lot, both nursing after operations and also during them, I sort of picked up a lot of things about eyes and relative to nose. Think of squints, where the eyes turn in, instead of looking balanced. Does that make sense to you, it does to me, but then it is my brain I am dictating from.