ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Smile A Visit to the Denver Botanic Gardens

My wife and I went to the Gardens this weekend, and of course, the D70 took the trip as well. I was very happy with this shoot because I really feel like I'm making progress towards knowing what settings to use and when. Of the pics I've gotten to so far, I've had to do little or no post-processing, save for sharpening, resizing, or cropping, if needed.

I've also set up a gallery of what I consider my best images, from both the D70 and N80. Please take a look if you are interested. It would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pbase.com/brianfj

Here are a couple from the Gardens:

This first one is a Golden Columbine. D70, 28-105mm, 1/640sec, f/11, 105mm, ISO 200
    The second one is the Blue Columbine, and the blue version is the state flower of CO. Yes, this is more purple, but that was the actual color, and people still consider it the "blue" version.
    D70, 28-105mm @ 105mm, 1/500sec, f/11, with Fill-Flash, ISO 400. Gotta love that flash sync of 1/500sec!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Visit to the Denver Botanic Gardens-dsc_1675-colum-2-web.jpg   A Visit to the Denver Botanic Gardens-dsc_1773-blue-col-fl-web.jpg  
    Last edited by coloradoamigo; 06-07-2004 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Because I can't figure out how link the images from the site :(

o.k. you convinced me

it's time to stop with autofocus and start taking some real shots

just kidding but seriously these really encourage me to spend more time on the technicalities of a shot...nice site as well...beautiful CRISP clean images
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

The flash sync...

Is one of the biggest reasons I want a D70.. I hate it when I buy a piece of equipment (a D100) and something I'd like more comes out just a couple months later..

You shots look great Brian. I aslo spent some time looking over your PBase pages.. Very nice! I do have one question though.. What's the PW for the "Jenni" album??? ;)

Thanks for sharing these with us!
    ~Brian
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Thanks again...

Natalie, for the very kind words, and also for taking the time to look at my gallery. Much appreciated!!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    it's time to stop with autofocus and start taking some real shots

just kidding but seriously these really encourage me to spend more time on the technicalities of a shot...nice site as well...beautiful CRISP clean images

Yes...

That flash sync rocks. This wasn't the best example by any means, because the light was so harsh, but the image certainly came out better than without the fill-flash. I love that this camera has that capability.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment and also for looking at my gallery.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopeli
    Is one of the biggest reasons I want a D70.. I hate it when I buy a piece of equipment (a D100) and something I'd like more comes out just a couple months later..

You shots look great Brian. I aslo spent some time looking over your PBase pages.. Very nice! I do have one question though.. What's the PW for the "Jenni" album??? ;)

Thanks for sharing these with us!
    ~Brian

Thread Information