ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

NYC pics.....last trip......duh

The "duh" is because I'm admitting to a really stupid thing I did today. I've been looking forward to going on another photo trip to NYC. I finally got to go today. The weather report was sun and more sun. Not true. It was sun, then rain. However, that didn't deter me. It finally quit raining and I happily walked the streets of NYC finding some nice photo ops. Then after about 20 shots, I noticed something on my LCD screen "no CF card." Guess it was there all the time. It was already getting dark - at least I got some exercise and some entertainment for a few hours. So here are a few from my last trip 2 or 3 or 4 weeks ago.

The first one is a shot of some of the street painting/photo sales. The 2 "silhouettes" were on the display windows of Saks on 5th Ave. I thought they were cool. The photographer wasn't getting much business.

Liz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NYC pics.....last trip......duh-ny-911-painting.jpg   NYC pics.....last trip......duh-saks1.jpg   NYC pics.....last trip......duh-saks2.jpg   NYC pics.....last trip......duh-photographer.jpg  

you've been holding out Missy

I'm not sure which one is my fav...I think these are all very strong individually in composition and concept...wow.

oops on the CF card ;D you need a D70 it won't let you go far without a memory card...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Vision

Hi Liz

The reflections show great vision.
    The photographer sleeping his way through the day is priceless.
    Canon should be proud to have you as a customer.

PFitz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    The "duh" is because I'm admitting to a really stupid thing I did today. I've been looking forward to going on another photo trip to NYC. I finally got to go today. The weather report was sun and more sun. Not true. It was sun, then rain. However, that didn't deter me. It finally quit raining and I happily walked the streets of NYC finding some nice photo ops. Then after about 20 shots, I noticed something on my LCD screen "no CF card." Guess it was there all the time. It was already getting dark - at least I got some exercise and some entertainment for a few hours. So here are a few from my last trip 2 or 3 or 4 weeks ago.

The first one is a shot of some of the street painting/photo sales. The 2 "silhouettes" were on the display windows of Saks on 5th Ave. I thought they were cool. The photographer wasn't getting much business.

Liz

Liz

Talking thanks Nat

thanks for the kind words. I've been out so seldom lately, so don't have much to post.

I loved the silhouettes on Saks windows - someone was very creative...and it worked.

Your D70 is awesome!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I'm not sure which one is my fav...I think these are all very strong individually in composition and concept...wow.

oops on the CF card ;D you need a D70 it won't let you go far without a memory card...

Liz

Cool Thanks to you, Mr. Fitz!

It's great to see your around PR. I always look forward to your post. I haven't been around a lot lately. I'm hoping to get to NY this week. I was supposed to go today, but work prevented me.

Yes, I like the photographer too. It's a bit soft, but I tend to get more camera shake when I'm trying to hurry. He just closed his eyes, and I was afraid he'd wake up again. Saks windows were cool......someone has a creative mind. I was surprised how nicely the "inside" looked. As you know, I'm not one for post-processing much due to my dislike of computers. So, usually with me it's "what you see (out of the camera) is what you get. I do a little brighten/contrast and one sharp and resize. That's about it.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by StillMrFitz
    Hi Liz

The reflections show great vision.
    The photographer sleeping his way through the day is priceless.
    Canon should be proud to have you as a customer.

PFitz

These are so fun Liz! My eyes keep going back to the third one! Very artistic.
    Lara

Liz

Thanks Lara......

Yes, Saks has some nice window displays. I thought this one was great....one of their more creative ones.

Thanks for commenting. Have a great week........and post some pictures, Lara! Or post some of your artwork.

Liz

Smile Thanks Penny

Penny,
    Your words are always encouraging. Always. Thanks for all you do to encourage photographers around here. It does mean a lot to people. Yes, the photographer was on the sidewalk near Bryant Park where lots of people go to eat, and sometimes there is entertainment. It's on 42nd St near Broadway, not sure exactly which Avenue. But photographers can usually find some subjects worth shooting. I saw this guy twice in the same area. I don't know about the weight of that camera! And he's not that young. He must love photography as much as we do! ;)

I hope to get out tomorrow for a while. I have to visit the mother of someone who lived (and died) in our residence in the morning. Since it's down around the Jersey shore area, I'm hoping to make a stop along the boardwalk somewhere. Hope I don't get sand in my lens!

Thanks again.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Liz:

You did a good job on these. And, I think I've got a camera packed away just like the one your napping photog has -- lugging it around would wear anyone out!

Its SO good to see you posting. Your work has kept you away too long from your passion with photography. But, you have not lost your gift for "getting the shot" and these images are proof of that. They are all most excellent.

Thank you for sharing these. I hope you will get the opportunity to take more, and to post more, very soon.

My Best to You,
    Penny

Different and interesting work from you, Liz ... very keen eye on those creative images. Your street photography is certainly progressing. You've always had a knack for composition, and it shows in your recent shots.

Very nice images

[ Then after about 20 shots, I noticed something on my LCD screen "no CF card." Guess it was there all the time.

Some very nice images from NYC. You have a future as a street photographer. I can certainly feel for you and your lost images. I have pulled simliar tricks myself, never with digital, but I have had film rolls that didn't get in correctly and when the counter hit 40 I started to wonder what was going on. I learned that one the hard way and always checked the tension on the rewind after loading once that happened to me. Keep post your unique photos.

Thread Information