I was looking to see if a similar topic had already been posted, wasn't sure if this was the best area to ask? A co-worker and his wife recently gave birth to a baby boy! Literally, like less than 24 hours ago! Since we're pretty close at work I asked if he wouldn't mind if I "practiced" on his newborn in exchange for some free shots of his new kid. Of course he didn't mind and said he and his wife would discuss a good date since they are on their way back from the hospital =) (I got a little excited and wanted to come to the hospital but ya know, they're a little tired. Can't imagine why?) I just wanted to get a good opinion from the experts on when to try and shoot them? I've done a bit of extra curricular reading online and there are so many different opinions I'm not confused. Some people say two weeks, some people say five? I want mom, dad, baby and baby brother to all be comfortable!

I've never shot such a tiny portrait, suggestions? I'm already planning on renting a lens because I'm not sure if the 50mm would be good for this, something with a bit more macro perhaps? Anyway I'm sure it will be in a few weeks and I'll post up some results. Thanks in advance guys!