ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: A New Window Light Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    Just to prove that I do in fact shoot natural light and own a 50mm/1.8. This is one of my favorite models, Mr. Pumpkin. He is my daughter's keeper and has seen fit to keep me company at my desk and watch over me. ISO 400. 1/25 and f/2.8.

Really like that second one Mike. this is really turning into a kitty thread. I guess they are just more comfortable posing in window light.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Thanks, he wa watching me get the pool ready for a SCUBA class that will be here in about an hour. Of course, cats being cats, he didn't see any real need to move for awhile.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Going with the cat theme.. here is Scrat (from Ice Age hehe) My maine coon boy.
    Last edited by AmberC; 10-10-2008 at 07:05 PM.
    Amber
    cam: Sony a100 DSLR
    Please do not edit my images.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmberC
    Aww! That looks just like my boy Piper when he was a baby! Except the eyes are definitely different. Very cute! And welcome to PR!!

Amber
    This is Sofia, a kitty 3 months old we have since 3 months (from her very first day of life). Was a "gift" from Dana, one of our dogs who found it and came to present it to us for "adoption".

Sofia is one of my preferred "models".

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    Just to prove that I do in fact shoot natural light and own a 50mm/1.8. This is one of my favorite models, Mr. Pumpkin. He is my daughter's keeper and has seen fit to keep me company at my desk and watch over me. ISO 400. 1/25 and f/2.8.
    I love the light in those Mr. Pumpkin shots. Nice cat and nice pictures.

Thanks also to Alison and Old Timer for your welcome.

Re: Portrait

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Wow... not to hijack... I heard the bokeh on that 18-200 was bad but holy cow.
    You noticed, huh? I did, too. I will look at the settings and some more pictures and see if it's always that noticable. It's a sweet lens, but that does take away a bit from its attractiveness.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Dreary outside so decided to give this window light stuff a try today. These are two from my collection of weird stuff. Couldn't have done it without that 50mm f/1.8
    When leaving the camera on auto wb they would come out blue so changed to cloudy and then changed to daylight in pse5 which brought truer color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A New Window Light Thread-nov-16-2007-013.jpg   A New Window Light Thread-nov-16-2007-002.jpg  
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Well, I tried OT. Little bum wouldn't sit still So, okay, there's one thing I miss about digital. With film you don't know if your focus is on until after you develop. Not a big deal shooting a landscape from a tripod but, when you're trying to shoot a restless cat at f/2....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A New Window Light Thread-11192007-1.jpg  
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Hi Folks
    These girls are three of my kids..
    The kid on the left is atika, the middle is Krisanie and to the right is kristen...Atika and Kristen are adopted...and it is a joy to see them doing well now...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Frog.. I think weird is right ;) Very interesting though! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Hi Folks
    The kid on the left is atika, the middle is Krisanie and to the right is kristen...Atika and Kristen are adopted...and it is a joy to see them doing well now...
    Three very beautiful girls!

Amber
    Amber
    cam: Sony a100 DSLR
    Please do not edit my images.. thanks

Liz

[QUOTE=jgredline]Hi Folks

Beautiful girls. Absolutely......all three are beautiful. You must be a proud papa!

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Liz

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Xia_Ke
    Well, I tried OT. Little bum wouldn't sit still So, okay, there's one thing I miss about digital. With film you don't know if your focus is on until after you develop. Not a big deal shooting a landscape from a tripod but, when you're trying to shoot a restless cat at f/2....
    Heheh! I can relate. As soon as I get the camera out Molly runs away, or if she is lazy, she will just turn her head the other way. Jeremy likes his picture taken sometimes, but it's hard to catch them just at the right moment - when that moment comes along, I can't get the camera fast enough.

I love the look on your kitty's face.

Liz

Hi Folks
    Wow! They are stunning!
    I see flash shadows though. Isn't this a window light thread? (Sorry I'm a stickler for the rules lol).

Hi Folks
    Thanks for very nice comments...All three are in college now, Atika goes to USC and Krisanie and Kristen PCC

Alison..Your right, sorry about that...I will see if I can get a window shot of them over Thanksgiving..That will be the next time all three are together again.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Some old ones....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A New Window Light Thread-108_0872-copy.jpg   A New Window Light Thread-img_8401.jpg   A New Window Light Thread-untitled.jpg  
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

a few more...going thru some old files...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A New Window Light Thread-img_8230.jpg   A New Window Light Thread-img_7335.jpg   A New Window Light Thread-img_2129-email.jpg   A New Window Light Thread-img_7372.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Xia_Ke
    With film you don't know if your focus is on until after you develop. Not a big deal shooting a landscape from a tripod but, when you're trying to shoot a restless cat at f/2....
    But when shallow DOF works it's great - especially in a shot like this. Not easy to do and it looks like you're within an inch, I would have been going for the cat's left (closer) eye. BTDT...

That's what I was going for but, between me standing on the couch, him moving around thinking it's a game, and having to manual focus, I just missed
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    a few more...going thru some old files...

New or old it's always a pleasure to see your images of the girls. Their eyes are always so full of life. I hope to get the grandkids slowed down enough this weekend to get a few of them.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Some old ones....
    That third one is just gorgeous.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Window Light?

Hi Folks
    Your kids look great. But that looks like flash light and not window light. This is a window light thread. You must have somehow jumped right into the middle. And that's ok. Because now I am giving you an assignment. Take some pictures of those kids in window light! Window light is magic - especially without direct sunlight. North-facing window light is really good, if a bit dim.

Let's see what you can do!
    Photo-John

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool
    And finally, one that does use ambient light only inside a room (but from an open door). My two girls...
    This is a great shot!

Re: Window Light?

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Your kids look great. But that looks like flash light and not window light. This is a window light thread. You must have somehow jumped right into the middle. And that's ok. Because now I am giving you an assignment. Take some pictures of those kids in window light! Window light is magic - especially without direct sunlight. North-facing window light is really good, if a bit dim.

Let's see what you can do!
    Hi John
    My Bad..I already got rebuked by Alison..Here is my response to her post..

Hi Folks
    Thanks for very nice comments...All three are in college now, Atika goes to USC and Krisanie and Kristen PCC

Alison..Your right, sorry about that...I will see if I can get a window shot of them over Thanksgiving..That will be the next time all three are together again.
    Believe me, it will be no problem..They are hams...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Some old ones....
    Aww these are really sweet. Really nice light.

Holy Cow

Adina-
    That second one - I'll call it, "Big Eyes In A Beanie" - is soooo beautiful.
    Photo-John

thanks. that second one is one of my faves...was my business card for awhile.

Someone in marketing told me once that no one ever thows away a card with a picture on it.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information