• 11-30-2004, 05:27 PM
    Photo-John
    New ViewFinder Co-Moderator!
    Everyone please say hello to our new ViewFinder co-moderator, another view. Along with Liz, he'll keep an eye on things here, make sure everyone gets their needs met, and play sheriff, if necessary. He's a fine photographer, he's been using PhotographyREVIEW.com and PCPhotoREVIEW.com for a long time, and I know he's going to do a great job. He's also going to be the moderator for the Help Files forum.

Thanks a lot for your help, Steve!
  • 11-30-2004, 05:44 PM
    Lara
    Re: New ViewFinder Co-Moderator!
    Yaay!! You know I'm happy. :)
  • 11-30-2004, 05:44 PM
    opus
    Yay! Congrats, Steve!
  • 11-30-2004, 06:22 PM
    Liz
    Marvelous!
    Great News Steve!

It seems you've been here forever anyway............. ;)

You already to a great job, so we know what to expect! You're the perfect person! :rolleyes:

Liz
  • 11-30-2004, 07:10 PM
    Gerry Widen
    Steve, congratulations. You are already very active and have always been kind and helpful. I was thinking that Charles hasn't been around that much lately. (Either have I) I hope he is OK..
  • 12-01-2004, 06:04 AM
    natatbeach
    congrats
    you will do a great job I'm sure ;)
  • 12-01-2004, 07:14 AM
    another view
    Thanks everyone! Glad to help out my friend Liz here.

Gerry, Charles decided to leave the forum a couple of months ago. I do hope to see you around more often though!
  • 12-01-2004, 08:13 AM
    adina
    Well look at you!

I think there may be a moderator tiara and sash in your future!
  • 12-01-2004, 10:33 AM
    Asylum Steve
    re: Charles...
    Gerry, Charles decided to leave the site a couple of months ago, stating health reasons. To be honest, I'm surprised no one else has noticed his absence.

Congrats on the "appointment" Steve! :cool:
  • 12-01-2004, 10:36 AM
    Asylum Steve
    What's this???
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    I think there may be a moderator tiara and sash in your future!

Well, if you think he's a shoo-in, you've got another thing coming...

I'm gonna start working on my "talent" segment today, not to mention getting the vaseline, padding, and duct tape ready... ;)
  • 12-01-2004, 11:16 AM
    Liz
    Re: Charles...
    To be honest, I'm surprised no one else has noticed his absence.

I've gotten some emails and PM's asking how he is - and some requesting his email address. Also, he contacted some people on his own.

Actually he is doing okay - still has some physical problems. His job entails tremendous responsibility, not to mention long hours. He was able to get a couple weeks vacation and came back feeling refreshed.

Liz
  • 12-01-2004, 11:38 AM
    adina
    Re: Charles...
    I noticed his absence a while ago. I assumed he was taking some time off due to personal reasons.

adina
  • 12-01-2004, 11:39 AM
    adina
    Re: What's this???
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Well, if you think he's a shoo-in, you've got another thing coming...

I'm gonna start working on my "talent" segment today, not to mention getting the vaseline, padding, and duct tape ready... ;)

Do you twirl flaming batons? That would probably put you in the lead.
  • 12-01-2004, 12:34 PM
    another view
    Re: What's this???
    Quote:

Sorry Steve, got that one covered... Working on juggling knives next... ow!
  • 12-01-2004, 02:23 PM
    Old Timer
    Congrats Steve!! Very nice of you to step up and take this responsiblilty. Charles has been missed by many of us, but it is reasuring to know that another very talented and articulate photographer is willing to take on this task. Good luck and thanks.
  • 12-01-2004, 03:00 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Batons? No, I juggle flaming...
    ...CHAIN SAWS! Yeah, that's the ticket... :D

Quote:

• 12-01-2004, 03:10 PM
    MJS
    Congratulations Steve! It'll be great to see your input. As far as the vaseline and pads, that's one visual that just scares me. I have enough trouble juggling my kids, students and wife's schedules, forget the sharp and pointy stuff.

Michael
  • 12-01-2004, 03:14 PM
    opus
    I read Charles' post stating that he'd be gone, so I had no need to ask where he has been.

I was wondering about a couple of other people too, but they've shown up in the past few weeks, so I think we're all caught up on everyone.
  • 12-01-2004, 05:47 PM
    carney2
    Welcome, a.v. I am a big Charles Hess fan, so just letting you know that the "big shoes" thing applies here. I notice that you have also been appointed moderator of another forum. Is this a coup? Should I be worried? What have you done with Photo John's body?
  • 12-01-2004, 06:56 PM
    Liz
    Is this a coup? Should I be worried? What have you done with Photo John's body?

LOL! I love the Avatar! And your sense of humor. Are you Carney - in"carn"nated? :D

That is waaaay cool! :)

Liz
  • 12-01-2004, 07:27 PM
    another view
    Waa haa haa haa... (OK, never tried to spell the "evil laugh" before)

Should you be worried? Nah... But you'll notice the authorized use of noogies in the Help forum! You guys are all pretty well behaved so I don't think I have much to worry about.

BTW, check out Photo John's Holiday Gift Guide (link at top). I did a self portrait for my Moderator page and used the mini-softbox. Does a lot to a small flash!
  • 12-02-2004, 07:55 AM
    Chunk
    Good Moooooooove. Oh, wait...that doesn't say Cow-Moderator!

Congrats, Steve, and thanks for volunteering. Since you already seem to be all over the different forums helping people, I don't imagine it will be that big a change until one of us decides to use that target you have on your back now.:D
  • 12-02-2004, 08:21 AM
    mtbbrian
    That's You?????????
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    I did a self portrait for my Moderator page and used the mini-softbox.

So that's you Steve!
    Great bio!
    I will say this about Steve, he has excellent taste in both equipment and music...
    I have added your site on my links page.
    I wish you could see it though!
    It seems my site exceeded it band width and I am having trouble with my ISP to get it back up!
    Brian
  • 12-02-2004, 12:01 PM
    carney2
    "Are you Carney - in"carn"nated?"

Thanks for the kind words, Liz. I have been told my entire life that, except for the hat, the vest, the hairline, the paunch (mine, not his), and my signature bad posture, I look exactly like him.
  • 12-02-2004, 03:22 PM
    megan
    whee!
    Welcome!
    Did the hazing start while I was "out sick?"

Megan