New Toys

Printable View

• 04-05-2007, 04:26 AM
    readingr
    2 Attachment(s)
    New Toys
    Well, I went in to buy a 400D and after talking to a proffesional photographer for an hour, I finally took his advice and bought a load of new kit, but not what I orhinally went in to buy. The funny thing is he didn't even work in the store.

The list was curtaile from the original and was Canon of course:D

Canon 5D
    Canon 24-70mm f2.8 L
    Canon 100-400 F4-5.6 L

Here are the first 2 pics with the camera both taken with the 100-400 lens.
  • 04-05-2007, 05:10 AM
    Speed
    Re: New Toys
    Congratulations on your new toys! It's always great to get new gear, and it looks like you got some nice equipment there.

On a side note, I'm glad I don't have to pay your VISA bill.

;-)
  • 04-05-2007, 05:16 AM
    mjs1973
    Congratulations on the new purchase! Time to update your signature. :)
  • 04-05-2007, 05:22 AM
    readingr
    Speed,

Aah!

The reason I did this is that I had a load of cash put away for new toys and, I don't have to pay the bill for a whole 12 months. Yes I have the gear and using it for sort of free for 12 months:idea: and the money I was going to use is earning interest for 12 months:thumbsup:

Roger
  • 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
    Frog
    Congrats on the toys.
    I'm thinking the store tried to hire that pro shortly after you left.
  • 04-05-2007, 08:44 AM
    photophorous
    Hi Roger,

Congrats on the new toys! Is this your first DSLR? You certainly didn't mess around.

Getting a new camera is always great. I hope you enjoy it.

Paul
  • 04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
    mtbbrian
    New Camera. GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :thumbsup:
  • 04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
    mdmc
    Great kit. Congrats,
    Mark.
  • 04-06-2007, 07:22 AM
    freygr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by readingr
    Speed,

Aah!

The reason I did this is that I had a load of cash put away for new toys and, I don't have to pay the bill for a whole 12 months. Yes I have the gear and using it for sort of free for 12 months:idea: and the money I was going to use is earning interest for 12 months:thumbsup:

Roger

Unluckily My Wife spends it as fast as I make it...... ;-)
  • 04-10-2007, 06:56 AM
    readingr
    Finally got to play with the new toys over the Easter Break, I'll pop some on the site later.

Its getting used to the features - sooo much to learn.

I am certainly a lucky chap and it helps to know what your looking for to stop being over sold :D. However, the only thing I would have liked is the cleaning system on the 400D but then the rocket blower should do most of the work and photoshop the rest.

The full frame sensor makes it just like my AE1 in composition which is really nice.

Now I need to take some decent photos rather than snapping off at everything which is what happened over the easter break.

Back soon.

Roger