ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

New - PhotographyREVIEW.com Videos!

PhotographyREVIEW.com Videos >>

This has been in the works for quite a while. We now have our own video hosting with better quality than YouTube. Anyone can upload videos (there is a simple registration required) and we hope you will. Thanks to SmartWombat for beng the first to post a video!

The new video section will be used for video reviews of digital cameras, event coverage, and photography how-to videos. Right now it's got mostly stuff from the 2008 PMA tradeshow. But we will be adding to it and encourage any of you with good photography-related video to add to it, as well. If you have any problems, questions, requests, or fedback, please don't hesitate to share. This is currently a work in progress. But we have high hopes for it. Video content is where it's at!

PhotographyREVIEW.com Videos >>

Thanks!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: New - PhotographyREVIEW.com Videos!

Sorry for not uploading a better description.

This is from my annual trip (still looking for photographer/passenger for 2008) to the circuit at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium.
    Last year was the first wet event, considering it's held in the mountains in October it's hardly a surprise - more exceptional is the 4 dry years !

The car is a 699cc Smart Roadster Coupe, which as you can see is not always being overtaken
    It's an open track day in aid of the Rotary club of Stavelot - Spa Francorchamps.
    45 minute sessions allow a sensible number of laps without tiring out the drivers, unless you book every session during the day which donates over €300 to charity !
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Since the Canon A430 Camera Around the World does video.
    Here's the first video-around-the-world entry.

Picture the scene; Wombat with a 1D on each shoulder, 70-200 and 300mm lenses - then he pulls me out of a pocket and the A430 out of the other pocket and takes this video.
    I think the French fans thought he was nuts, I know he is !

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

hahaha. This is going to be fun
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Nice video Paul! That was cool to watch.

I can see how these videos are seriously going to contribute to the site. I can already imagine myself shooting a landscape photography how-to with instructions on exposure, bracketing, hyper-focusing, etc. Neat
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    I can already imagine myself shooting a landscape photography how-to with instructions on exposure, bracketing, hyper-focusing, etc. Neat
    That's what I'm talking about!
    Photo-John

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I have been trying to upload a video with no luck
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    The new video section will be used for video reviews of digital cameras, event coverage, and photography how-to videos. Right now it's got mostly stuff from the 2008 PMA tradeshow. But we will be adding to it and encourage any of you with good photography-related video to add to it, as well. If you have any problems, questions, requests, or fedback, please don't hesitate to share. This is currently a work in progress. But we have high hopes for it. Video content is where it's at!
    Interesting. I am thinking of uploading some demo/how-to videos soon, but have a few questions before registering and doing so:

#1. Can a video be deleted after uploading? Also, can descriptions be edited? For example, if I don’t realize there's a flaw until it’s been posted.

Editing Posted Videos

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.D.A.
    Interesting. I am thinking of uploading some demo/how-to videos soon, but have a few questions before registering and doing so:

#1. Can a video be deleted after uploading? Also, can descriptions be edited? For example, if I don’t realize there's a flaw until it’s been posted.
    Once you upload it, it's out of your hands. You will not be able to delete it or edit the description. However, at this stage in the game we don't have many videos. So I will be happy to make changes for you if you make a mistake. But it's always best to double-check everything before you post. You know it sometimes takes me a while to get to stuff

Would be great to get some how-to stuff from the community up there, though! I am just starting to use the video section myself. And although I can see some problems, it's really a great resource, once you get the videos posted.
    Photo-John

Re: Editing posted videos

OK & thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can upload a few videos when I've got time.

EDIT: Just realized that I can use only two digital cameras which record video. And, only one can record video with audio and has the ability to focus before recording (My FZ7). The other P&S has a fixed-focus lens and 320x240 px video resolution.

I am saving up some money to buy a new P&S, but in the meantime I'll make a big effort to shoot some quality how-tos.

Thread Information