ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Good news, photography and non photo related

After freaking out for 6 weeks, I finally have a job. The first couple of months will be at a big pay cut, but with a very high ceiling. I got a job at Citigroup working with the Smith Barney Cash Management desk. If you know of a company that needs corporate cash management services, I can help.

The other good news is that my wait of 2.5 months for my Mk2 is over. I got the camera late last week, but due to moving and working all weekend haven't had a chance to use it much. I am very satified with this camera and the complaints on the dpcryingaboutnothing forum are mostly unfounded. The shots are very sharp and even at 3200 the noise is very good.

The first is the picture of my new camera using my Pinarello as a backdrop. The second is a shot at 3200 at the bar in the Palace Hotel in SF.

Loren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good news, photography and non photo related-crw_1640-1.jpg   Good news, photography and non photo related-_w9g1724_web.jpg  
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Crikey Mate, have you been up to somethings lately.

Great to hear about the Job, at least it is work, even if you have to take a pay cut for a while. Show your worth I am sure you will get the salary right back up there quickly.

Have fun with the new toy Loren.

Talking Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    After freaking out for 6 weeks, I finally have a job. The first couple of months will be at a big pay cut, but with a very high ceiling. I got a job at Citigroup working with the Smith Barney Cash Management desk. If you know of a company that needs corporate cash management services, I can help.

The other good news is that my wait of 2.5 months for my Mk2 is over. I got the camera late last week, but due to moving and working all weekend haven't had a chance to use it much. I am very satified with this camera and the complaints on the dpcryingaboutnothing forum are mostly unfounded. The shots are very sharp and even at 3200 the noise is very good.

The first is the picture of my new camera using my Pinarello as a backdrop. The second is a shot at 3200 at the bar in the Palace Hotel in SF.

Loren

On your new job and your new camera!

BTW, you do know that's a Canon thingy, right?

;-)

Still got that F100 laying around?
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Congrads on the new job, I'm sure that lowers the stress level quite a bit! At 3200 that looks great. Curious - when you're looking at full size images on your monitor, how does the noise stack up at 800 and 1600 against the Fuji S2? I've been very happy with 800 on the S2 but had trouble getting a decent print at 1600. And having a 3200 would be pretty useful (no, don't start any rumors yet).

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Congrads on the new job, I'm sure that lowers the stress level quite a bit! At 3200 that looks great. Curious - when you're looking at full size images on your monitor, how does the noise stack up at 800 and 1600 against the Fuji S2? I've been very happy with 800 on the S2 but had trouble getting a decent print at 1600. And having a 3200 would be pretty useful (no, don't start any rumors yet).
    Steve,

Just to give you an idea, samples bothf rom Canon and from users, at 3200, looked better than my shots at 1600...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Nice Loren, congrats on the job. THe colors look great at 3200.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Good Luck Loren!

Glad to hear you got a job so quickly..
    New camera! How would it be!
    That 3200 shot is very sharp!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

I don't know which to congratulate you for first, the camera or the job .

Congrats on the new gig.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    The new job is stressfull but good. I'm very impressed with the 3200 speed equiv from the Mk2. Even looking at full screen you would be impressed. The Fuji S2 was great at 100-400 for me, and normally I don't shoot above this with digital. I took a stab at the bar mural to see about color and noise, and the results are very good.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Thanks Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Nice Loren, congrats on the job. THe colors look great at 3200.
    It's nice to be employed. Living in Silicon Valley is too expensive to be without a job.

Thanks again,
    Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

Toon Army Foot Soldier straightarm's Avatar

Congratualtions

Hope you really enjoy your new job and your new camera

Simon
    Simon, bombadier 1st class

Thanks!

Hi Loren,

Thank you for having dinner with me while I was in SJ. It's really nice to be around other people with the same interests while traveling.

When we were at dinner, I didn't realize both things you posted. I thought you just changed jobs and had your mkII for some time. Now I wish I was a little more enthusiastic about them

I've been SO busy since then. I got into ABQ Friday and left again to Durango within 3 hours for memorial day weekend. I wanted to post some of the shots I took while there but between having to get shots printed for someone who's paying me, officiating the Tuesday night crits, and a thursday photoshoot, I've barely got them downloaded.

Thanks again,

Mike

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Hey, good luck...

...with the job AND the camera!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Thanks Everybody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racingpinarello

Loren
    I have been so busy that I spend less than a hour a day on the PR.com site. I appreciate everybodies well wishes and thoughts.

Tomorrow I am heading to Point Lobos for pictures and hope to return with good test images from the Mark2. I plan to utilize digital more on the landscape scene and so far the quality of this camera is very good.

Thanks again,
    Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

Thread Information