ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

New guy, just saying hi

NEW GUY! But don't even think about trying any hazing stuff.

Since I can't seem to find the Introductions forum (is there one? If so, where is it hidden?), I figured I'd introduce myself here.

I'm WillCAD. Will is my name, CAD is my job - Computer-Aided Drafting. I make maps for a large civil engineering firm.

I got interested in photography because of two things - 1) one of my best friends is a wedding photographer, and 2) as you can see from my signature, I am an over-the-top, fanatical, Cool-Aid-drinking cultist about Walt Disney World, and wanted to bring back some nice images to help me remember my trips.

I'm not a heavy photographer; I just shoot my vacations, and once in a while a family function.

I own two SLRs and a faux SLR:
    Canon EOS Rebel G
    Sigma 28-80 3.5-5.6
    Sigma 28-200 3.5-5.6 Hyperzoom Macro

Canon Digital Rebel 300D
    Canon 18-55 (kit lens)
    Sigma 18-125 3.5-5.6 (just got it a few weeks ago)

Canon Speedlite 220EX

Fuji Finepix S602Z
    Sunpak El Cheapo hot shoe flash

The only camera I use these days is the 300D with the Sigma 18-125. I'm a casual photographer and don't like lugging extra lenses around, which is why I went with the 28-200 and 18-125 lenses, which have a good range of zoom for the type of shots I take.

Ninety percent of the pics I take in a given year are during my Disney World vacations. Mostly that's because I lead a pretty dull and boring life and don't have a lot of potential subjects, though.

I don't know how active I'll be in this forum, but I'll enjoy reading up on new euipment and techniques, and once in a while I might have something to contribute. I am active on a daily basis in 5 or 6 Disney World vacation planning forums, where I help others plan their Disney trips and get the most fun for their buck, and maybe help them to experience a few little details that most people miss.

So, I'll just go back to lurking for a while now...

Re: New guy, just saying hi

Well welcome to the forum. First off, this is the right place to just say hello. Second, it's nice to see someone else that is a CAD man/person. We have many differnet forums to look thru so take your time and ask as many qustions that you want, we have many peope here that will help out. You should post some of your pictures, even if you just start a new thread and show us what you have taken.
    From one newbie to another, Welcome.

Hey, welcome Will. From another CAD person, too. I do drawings for a steel building manufacturer. And it looks like another person for Clan O'Canon even. If you look at the top of the threads one of the stickies you see will be Photography Review: the people. That is where you will find alot of the intros members have posted.
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Hey Hey! I'm not a CAD person but I do know computers.

Welcome to the forums.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Hi Will - we do have a sort-of welcome thread, Photography Review: The People but this is fine too.

I use a CAD-related program for doing commercial lighting layouts for my day job.

Will,

Always great and nice to see new faces kicking around. I work with a different type of CAD though .... Computer Aided Dispatch.

Enjoy the website,

Jared

Thread Information