New Gallery!

Printable View

• 04-19-2004, 06:38 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    New Gallery!
    The new gallery is here!

http://gallery.photographyreview.com/

It's been a long time coming and I hope it was worth the wait. We've put a lot of effort into making this something that photographers will really like. I think it may be one of the best things we've ever done for PhotographyREVIEW.com and PCPhotoREVIEW.com.

Please give it a workout. Post some photos, take a look at your member gallery, start rating photos, and let me know what you think. I'm very, very pleased and excited about this new addition to the sites.

Here's the link again: http://gallery.photographyreview.com/
  • 04-20-2004, 06:14 PM
    racingpinarello
    People..this is a good thing
    I have been busy the past two days interviewing, but I have to say that the new gallery is the perfect way to illustrate good photography, and give/receive perfect product reviews.

How many times have we asked for the details of the picture when somebody posts? Now we can see this on one convenient page, and get a good picture.

I will post work from several type of cameras that I have or had.

I really like this gallery.

Loren

John. Good work from you and the PR elves.
  • 04-20-2004, 10:01 PM
    Lionheart
    Will the photo project be on this page from now on?
    I noticed there was a project category. Is this for the monthly project?
  • 04-21-2004, 04:57 AM
    walterick
    Aw, come on!
    Puh-lease somebody post some sports shots BESIDES mountain biking!!

Please?

Rick
  • 04-21-2004, 05:04 AM
    walterick
    p.s. I love it!
    This is the most entertaining new thing to PR since... me! LOL just kidding. I can see a lot of work went into it guys I'm THOROUGHLY enjoying sifting through it and I'm finding the navigation easy enough.

One feedback: shouldn't the Panoramics page have a full-size view of the panormaic? They're pretty squished as it is now. Kind of a sliver.

Good stuff! Everyone go visit!

Rick
  • 04-21-2004, 08:59 AM
    Kokopeli
    I'll try and get some...
    Little League baseball shots up there in the not too distant future.

As for the new Gallery.. PJ, this is the best thing to happen to this site with the exception of you joining the CR.com team..

How's that for kissing A$$?? ;)

All joking aside, I do love the new gallery pages. Thank you for listening to our requests and making them happen. It's things like that that make this such a great site!

Sincerely,
    ~Brian
  • 04-21-2004, 10:34 AM
    Janie
    Cool! Thanks John! I am uploading some of my fantasy shots, like this mermaid one...
    BTW - you can have fun with photoshop filters - I upped the contrast, stripped down all colors but green then used the watercolor filter to get this result (shot with my canon elph in panoramic to get more reflection)

http://gallery.photographyreview.com...615mermaid.jpg
  • 04-21-2004, 11:55 AM
    Spike
    Is this to replace Critique?
    OK, I'm feeling kind of dumb, but I don't really get it. Gallery seems a lot like the Critique forum, but in a different format. Is it going to replace Critique?

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    The new gallery is here!

http://gallery.photographyreview.com/

It's been a long time coming and I hope it was worth the wait. We've put a lot of effort into making this something that photographers will really like. I think it may be one of the best things we've ever done for PhotographyREVIEW.com and PCPhotoREVIEW.com.

Please give it a workout. Post some photos, take a look at your member gallery, start rating photos, and let me know what you think. I'm very, very pleased and excited about this new addition to the sites.

Here's the link again: http://gallery.photographyreview.com/

• 04-21-2004, 12:15 PM
    Photo-John
    I think so
    I'm not in a hurry to do it. But I did assume we'd move this forum to new gallery and I'd create a forum caled "Photo Critique". It depends on what people using the forum want, though. If people want it to stay as-is, we can keep it as a forum. What do you think?
  • 04-21-2004, 12:28 PM
    Old Timer
    I'm with Spike
    I'm with Spike on this one. I am a little confused about the difference in this gallery and photo critique forum. I like this new format and I think it will work very well but is it for all of us or is it more for the pro or advanced photographers to showcase their work? I am a little slow I admit but I am having a problem finding this gallery. How is the best way to navigate to it from the other forums?
  • 04-21-2004, 12:28 PM
    Photo-John
    Yes - Photo Project
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionheart
    I noticed there was a project category. Is this for the monthly project?

Yes, The Photo Project will use the new gallery. In May, I'll add a new subcategory in the Photo Project section, and link the main Photo Project page to the new gallery. One benefit of this will be that any Photo Project posts will also be included on the gallery index, the member gallery pages, and they can also be associated with other relevant categories if the photographers wants. I'm hoping this will increase activity - especially responses, in the Photo Project.

Incidentally, the next Photo Project is going to be, "Macro/Details".
  • 04-21-2004, 12:31 PM
    Photo-John
    Hint
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    shouldn't the Panoramics page have a full-size view of the panormaic? They're pretty squished as it is now. Kind of a sliver.

Click on the photo!
  • 04-21-2004, 06:43 PM
    walterick
    Duh-oh! (nm)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Click on the photo!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
  • 04-24-2004, 11:42 PM
    awkwards
    Love it...
    I've uploaded several photos, and I really appreciate the work that has gone into making the new gallery area. This is fantastic, and tons of fun.

I have a couple questions:

1) How does the "Album" feature work? I created an album but couldn't figure out how to put images into it. Maybe I just missed something.
    2) Is there any way to upload multiple files at once? Couldn't figure this out either.

Suggestion: It would be super if I could associate specific cameras with my profile and have them populate the camera list (kind of like pbase.com) so that I don't have to pick from a zillion cameras in the list every time I upload a photo.
  • 04-25-2004, 03:09 AM
    Charles Hess
    I kind of like the idea that it would gradually replace the critique board. Seeing images will make people look quicker, rather than opening a post not knowing what the photo will look like..my opinion, of course. :-)