New to forum and cameras

Printable View

• 11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
    historybuff
    New to forum and cameras
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop a quick hello to everyone. I just picked up my first Camera and got interested in shooting pics for fun. Of course, I'd used cameras before, but usually for a specific purpose, and usually for work, almost always done with cheap disposeable cameras as I only needed the picture of referance and not true "quality". Like my name implies, I've always been a huge fan of history, and that's what got me interested in these cameras - I've discvered that they have a huge history unto themselves, and in many ways they have effected the world in ways that I hadn't previously considered! So now I've gotten myself interested not only in thier history, but also in geting quality pictures for fun and possibly for art. I hope to chat with you guys often as I lurk about looking for more info!
  • 11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
    megan
    Re: New to forum and cameras
    Cool. Welcome!
  • 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM
    Frog
    Welcome! What camera did you get?
    My wife just brought home an old kodak medium format that I have to look up.
  • 11-02-2008, 09:30 PM
    Ballen Photo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by historybuff
    New to forum and cameras

You will get past that part soon enough. :p
    WELCOME to the forum! :D
    -Bruce
  • 11-02-2008, 10:49 PM
    susaan
    . "Of course, I'd used cameras before"

Me,in May 08,when I joined-you will find a rare level of kindness,good critique and excellent photography to inspire you,answer your questions and welcome you.

Ps -Dunno "where" you are in all this ,but I have found Loupy's ,The Four Basics" invaluable.

http://http://forums.photographyreview.com/showthread.php?t=29868
  • 11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
    historybuff
    Thanks for the welcome and the info guys [and gals].

The camera I have is a Russian FED-1 35mm mechanical. While certainly not "hi speed low drag" it does take excellant photos, and I like just as much for that as I do its extremely interesting history.
  • 11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
    Greg McCary
    Welcome and congrats on the Fed. I have almost bought one of those many times. It should be a good camera to learn with.