• 06-13-2004, 12:37 PM
    Spike
    3 Attachment(s)
    Natural neon impressionism sort of...
    In an attempt to do more than just my usual "straight" landscape photography, I tried a couple sort-of abstract shots. The colors are from algae in the pond, amazingly bright. Wind provided the ripples on the water. First I've included a normal shot of the pond. The 2nd and 3rd were cropped to make panoramics... curves, resizing, that's about it as far as photoshop goes. What do you think?

Spike
  • 06-13-2004, 03:04 PM
    Charles Hess
    The colors were really like this? Wow, makes for some really nice abstracts. The 2nd & 3rd ones, without the shoreline, makes your mind really press to figure out what you are seeing. These are nice.
  • 06-13-2004, 07:00 PM
    natatbeach
    woah!
    I LOVE the last one... it would go well in my kitchen or living room...my birthday is on Sept 29th--- oh I mean... nice shots :D these are really cool.
  • 06-14-2004, 08:59 AM
    Spike
    Overcast day
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    The colors were really like this? Wow, makes for some really nice abstracts. The 2nd & 3rd ones, without the shoreline, makes your mind really press to figure out what you are seeing. These are nice.

Thanks, Charles. I was using a polarizer, and the sky was kind of grey that day. So the colors came out nicely saturated. They really are this bright in real life; it's really something to see. The ponds are up high, in the mountains. So the water is very clean and clear, really lets the colors show through.

Spike
  • 06-14-2004, 09:01 AM
    Spike
    Well....
    I'm afraid this was shot with a 2 mp camera. So unless your kitchen and living room are reallllly small, I think a print would be too small. But thanks, Nat!

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I LOVE the last one... it would go well in my kitchen or living room...my birthday is on Sept 29th--- oh I mean... nice shots :D these are really cool.

• 06-14-2004, 09:51 AM
    Janie
    A "Spiked" Monet for sure!
    That is amazing how vibrant the colors are. I love last crop the best! Hope you did it in high format so you can print out a nice big one and frame and sell it! Actually, you know what would be cool? Print the last one in 3 seperate pieces and use a simple glass front frame and hang next to each other - That would bring in a nice price! (and if it's shot in small mp, reshoot it large!)