• 05-15-2004, 11:46 AM
    Irakly Shanidze
    My workshop on creative photography in San Francisco
    Girls and boys!
    I am holding a workshop in San Francisco on 12-13 of June. Those who are more interested in creative side of photography than in lens MTF charts and camera body specifications are more than welcome to join!
    Registration is open until June 6th at http://www.photo-masters.net/seminars.php?code=1
    I looking forward to seeing you guys!

Irakly Shanidze (aka Austin Powers)

P.S. For those who do not remember me, my work can be seen at www.shanidze.com/en
  • 05-15-2004, 12:37 PM
    Lionheart
    He's ALIVE!!!
    Hi Irakly:
    Glad to see you're still alive, breathing, and able to post something here. Long time no hear or see :) Have you been lurking without logging in ?;)
    What have you been up to dude? I was starting to wonder if you were still around.
    I might be interested in that workshop. Will studio lighting be covered in your seminar? Learning more about studio photography and lighting is my most pressing need for the office right now, hence my interest.
    Again, good to hear from you
    Leon
  • 05-15-2004, 09:11 PM
    Irakly Shanidze
    Hey-hey Leon, nice hearing from you :)
    You are right, I was visiting, but for a long time I could not figure out how to sign up on the new board. Now I am back with help from PhotoJohn :)
    The workshop will consist of two parts. First day will be held in a studio and will be mostly dedicated to using studio techniques in fine-art photography. Naturally, studio lighting will be given a lot of attention. You just have to promise me that your attention will not be diverted to the subject matter in the nude section :)
    Irakly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionheart
    Hi Irakly:
    Glad to see you're still alive, breathing, and able to post something here. Long time no hear or see :) Have you been lurking without logging in ?;)
    What have you been up to dude? I was starting to wonder if you were still around.
    I might be interested in that workshop. Will studio lighting be covered in your seminar? Learning more about studio photography and lighting is my most pressing need for the office right now, hence my interest.
    Again, good to hear from you
    Leon

• 05-18-2004, 07:48 AM
    racingpinarello
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Irakly Shanidze
    Girls and boys!
    I am holding a workshop in San Francisco on 12-13 of June. Those who are more interested in creative side of photography than in lens MTF charts and camera body specifications are more than welcome to join!
    Registration is open until June 6th at http://www.photo-masters.net/seminars.php?code=1
    I looking forward to seeing you guys!

Irakly Shanidze (aka Austin Powers)

P.S. For those who do not remember me, my work can be seen at www.shanidze.com/en

Hey Irakly,

I am very interested in taking the two day class. I have to check on how much money I have since my money is running out (no job). If you need an assistant let me know.

Loren
  • 05-18-2004, 07:18 PM
    Irakly Shanidze
    Cool!
    Loren,

Unfortunately, I do not need an assistant, I already have a very cute one :)
    My impression is that you will be more interested in the first day, which is going to save you $80. Second day will be more about shooting outdoors, which you are pretty proficient in.

Irakly

Quote:

Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    Hey Irakly,

I am very interested in taking the two day class. I have to check on how much money I have since my money is running out (no job). If you need an assistant let me know.

Loren

• 05-18-2004, 09:31 PM
    Lionheart
    I really really really wanted to go...but...
    I definitely wanted to go, but I just checked my schedule, and I'm booked till the end of June. I guess I could reschedule the patients, but that's a nono in this business unless it's a real emergency. Darn, and this would be a directly allocated cost of business too. Will you offering this course again in the near future? :(
  • 05-19-2004, 06:17 AM
    Irakly Shanidze
    darn! :)
    Leon, I am sorry to hear that you are not coming. I am not planning another workshop in California until autumn, but I will keep you posted. Most of my activity before that will be on the east cost and overseas.
    Irakly
    PS See how bad is to schedule patients on Saturdays? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionheart
    I definitely wanted to go, but I just checked my schedule, and I'm booked till the end of June. I guess I could reschedule the patients, but that's a nono in this business unless it's a real emergency. Darn, and this would be a directly allocated cost of business too. Will you offering this course again in the near future? :(

• 05-21-2004, 01:54 PM
    Irakly Shanidze
    Guys!... I cannot believe that nobody else is interested!!! :)
  • 05-21-2004, 02:31 PM
    another view
    Not at all that I'm not interested - it sounds like something I'd really like to attend, especially day one. Just the same old problems, time & money! I'd also hate to fly to SF for the weekend and not get to spend a little time in Sonoma and the coast!

Hopefully you'll offer something like this another time and/or place!
  • 05-21-2004, 08:46 PM
    Irakly Shanidze
    :) It looks like that for you it would make much more sense to attend a workshop in Ann Arbor, which is going to take place in the beginning of August. It's just a two hour drive...
    Irakly

Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    Not at all that I'm not interested - it sounds like something I'd really like to attend, especially day one. Just the same old problems, time & money! I'd also hate to fly to SF for the weekend and not get to spend a little time in Sonoma and the coast!

Hopefully you'll offer something like this another time and/or place!

• 05-21-2004, 09:09 PM
    Janie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Irakly Shanidze
    :) It looks like that for you it would make much more sense to attend a workshop in Ann Arbor, which is going to take place in the beginning of August. It's just a two hour drive...
    Irakly

I fyou do one in NJ let me know! CA is a tad far for me! lol I used to live there though!
  • 05-21-2004, 10:35 PM
    Irakly Shanidze
    The next one will be in Moscow, then in Toronto. I was not planning on doing a workshop in NY, but several people asked me to. It looks like I need to reconsider :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janie
    I fyou do one in NJ let me know! CA is a tad far for me! lol I used to live there though!