ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    It's hurricane season... again...

My vacation photos

Here is the link to my 56 (so far) pictures that I've posted. I'll be posting a few more later.

http://community.webshots.com/album/158215602HiwUkI

First we flew to the West Coast to drop off our kids with Grandma in Oregon. We spent 2 days there before we left for Papeete, Tahiti where we spent one night at a resort before boarding the MS Paul Gauguin. We cruised to 4 different islands. It was an awesome week! The last photos that I have yet to post are from our return trip to Seattle to pick up the kids. I got some fun photos of the Fish Market there. Hope everyone enjoys the photos, and as always, comments are welcome!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Great stuff Kristin!

You have some real keepers there. It looks like a beautiful place, a true paridise!

Thanks sooooo much for sharing them with us! I'm looking forward to going through more of your albums.
    ~Brian
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Thanks Brian, I appreciate your kind words It was a beautiful place! I haven't gone through my other albums in quite a while, so I guess I'd better go see what's in there! ;) Thanks again!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Ah... I love Tahiti. Was there about 1 1/2 years ago. Did you go to Moorea? (Never mind... Just looking at the pics again, I noticed that there were more pages, and I answered my own question!) That's were I stayed and I absolutly loved that island. I can't wait to go back. Very nice pictures, by the way!

- Aaron

Wink You Married A Robert?

Quote Originally Posted by kkraczek
    Here is the link to my 56 (so far) pictures that I've posted. I'll be posting a few more later.

First we flew to the West Coast to drop off our kids with Grandma in Oregon. We spent 2 days there before we left for Papeete, Tahiti where we spent one night at a resort before boarding the MS Paul Gauguin. We cruised to 4 different islands. It was an awesome week! The last photos that I have yet to post are from our return trip to Seattle to pick up the kids. I got some fun photos of the Fish Market there. Hope everyone enjoys the photos, and as always, comments are welcome!

Smart girl! ;-)

Beautiful photo's. Lovely scenery. "One last sunset" is my favorite.

Thanks for sharing these!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

jealous

you and your hubby are real cuties

and I love the welcome to "?" with the rainbow...and you'll have to email me all about geckos!

my teen wants one and although i think they look cool...they quite make me want to piddle my pants...I had a bad experience with a very aggresive one a few years back...

nice shots in the rest of your album as well.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Liz

Cool Thanks for sharing these photos Kristen!

I really enjoyed looking at your vacation photos. Beautiful - postcard - images. Better than postcard actually.

The MS Paul.... is a beautiful ship. You certainly had a great time. I enjoyed the scenic views, and the bird pics. Did you take all these - or did your husband shoot some? I wondered what camera/lens you were using. BTW, is that "Myna" bird the same one that is sometimes (here) caged as a pet and "speaks" or just a native bird?

My favorite is No. 60 - "Rob and I." This says it all. I'm glad you had such a nice time.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I really enjoyed looking at your vacation photos. Beautiful - postcard - images. Better than postcard actually.

The MS Paul.... is a beautiful ship. You certainly had a great time. I enjoyed the scenic views, and the bird pics. Did you take all these - or did your husband shoot some? I wondered what camera/lens you were using. BTW, is that "Myna" bird the same one that is sometimes (here) caged as a pet and "speaks" or just a native bird?

My favorite is No. 60 - "Rob and I." This says it all. I'm glad you had such a nice time.

Liz
    Thanks everyone! The only thing that bothers me now is that I had to take almost all of my photos smack in the middle of the day, since we were usually busy at sundown, and still sleeping at sunup I didn't even realize it until I got home... but I'm still happy that I was able to share!

Liz, I took all of them except the ones with me in them ;) I used my new D-Rebel and either the Sigma 18-55 Digital lens, or my Sigma 105mm macro. I think that the Myna bird pictured is very similar to the pet Myna bird, although not the exact subspecies used... the pet Mynas are called "Hill Mynah". (Thanks Google! ;) ) Thanks for the welcome back; I really am glad to be home!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Nice work - and with all of those frequent flyer miles you're probably set to go again! Some of these look like they'd be good in a travel brochure, like #23.

I was just thinking that it looks like a great place to paddle (but bringing an 18' long piece of luggage probably wouldn't work too well) - and the next image was of the kayaker.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Wow!

Thanks for sharing them. Reg and I were thinking "Scottish Highlands" for our honeymoon [he has to propose first ] but I think after these, wer're thinking "South Seas beaches......"

Two in particular that stood out for me was the vertical shot with a kayaker dead center, and the horizontal shot of the - oh sugar, forgot what kind of birds they were. There were a lot of them on the branch.

Mmmmm, vacation.....
    I need more of them.

Megan

Thanks A.V. and Megan! Funny you should mention the travel brochure... I was actually there on business, hosting a tour group. It wasn't really work though ;) Megan, here's one that oughta sell you on it! (But I think Scottish Highlands sounds pretty awesome too!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My vacation photos-motuchampagne.jpg  
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Nice work - and with all of those frequent flyer miles you're probably set to go again! Some of these look like they'd be good in a travel brochure, like #23.

I was just thinking that it looks like a great place to paddle (but bringing an 18' long piece of luggage probably wouldn't work too well) - and the next image was of the kayaker.
    Nope, no FF this time... It was a perfect place to paddle! Actually, the back of the ship had a platform that you could kayak or windsurf from, and they supplied the equipment. My hubby is an avid kayaker as well, but I didn't get any great pics of him paddling while we were there. I did get one of a kayak though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My vacation photos-kayak.jpg  
    Last edited by kkraczek; 07-02-2004 at 12:26 PM.
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

nice!!!!!!! if we get Janie to cut us a good deal...and work some real estate connections we could just buy out all the bungalows on the water and make it a permanent PR time share retreat...any seconds on that?????? do I hear a third????
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I want to go THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by kkraczek

Hope you don't mind, I sent my husband the link to these and he (jokingly) said we have enough to cover that right now...let's go.

Beautiful place and pix. Very jealous.
    Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like, zoinks! - Shaggy

Great shots Kristin...

My favorite is the "Beachcomber Tahiti" one though. I think everything came together on that one. Great composition and color, and I love the shadows of the palm trees on the water.
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

Thread Information