My vacation photos

Printable View

• 07-01-2004, 02:55 PM
    kkraczek
    My vacation photos
    Here is the link to my 56 (so far) pictures that I've posted. I'll be posting a few more later.

http://community.webshots.com/album/158215602HiwUkI

First we flew to the West Coast to drop off our kids with Grandma in Oregon. We spent 2 days there before we left for Papeete, Tahiti where we spent one night at a resort before boarding the MS Paul Gauguin. We cruised to 4 different islands. It was an awesome week! The last photos that I have yet to post are from our return trip to Seattle to pick up the kids. I got some fun photos of the Fish Market there. Hope everyone enjoys the photos, and as always, comments are welcome! :)
  • 07-01-2004, 04:14 PM
    Kokopeli
    Great stuff Kristin!
    You have some real keepers there. It looks like a beautiful place, a true paridise!

Thanks sooooo much for sharing them with us! I'm looking forward to going through more of your albums.
    ~Brian
  • 07-01-2004, 04:21 PM
    kkraczek
    Thanks Brian, I appreciate your kind words :) It was a beautiful place! I haven't gone through my other albums in quite a while, so I guess I'd better go see what's in there! ;) Thanks again!
  • 07-02-2004, 05:14 AM
    back_packn
    Ah... I love Tahiti. Was there about 1 1/2 years ago. Did you go to Moorea? (Never mind... Just looking at the pics again, I noticed that there were more pages, and I answered my own question!) :) That's were I stayed and I absolutly loved that island. I can't wait to go back. Very nice pictures, by the way!

- Aaron
  • 07-02-2004, 05:19 AM
    Speed
    You Married A Robert?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kkraczek
    Here is the link to my 56 (so far) pictures that I've posted. I'll be posting a few more later.

First we flew to the West Coast to drop off our kids with Grandma in Oregon. We spent 2 days there before we left for Papeete, Tahiti where we spent one night at a resort before boarding the MS Paul Gauguin. We cruised to 4 different islands. It was an awesome week! The last photos that I have yet to post are from our return trip to Seattle to pick up the kids. I got some fun photos of the Fish Market there. Hope everyone enjoys the photos, and as always, comments are welcome! :)

Smart girl! ;-)

Beautiful photo's. Lovely scenery. "One last sunset" is my favorite.

Thanks for sharing these!
  • 07-02-2004, 05:34 AM
    natatbeach
    jealous
    you and your hubby are real cuties

and I love the welcome to "?" with the rainbow...and you'll have to email me all about geckos!

my teen wants one and although i think they look cool...they quite make me want to piddle my pants...I had a bad experience with a very aggresive one a few years back...
    :(

nice shots in the rest of your album as well.
  • 07-02-2004, 05:43 AM
    Liz
    Thanks for sharing these photos Kristen!
    I really enjoyed looking at your vacation photos. Beautiful - postcard - images. Better than postcard actually. :)

The MS Paul.... is a beautiful ship. You certainly had a great time. I enjoyed the scenic views, and the bird pics. Did you take all these - or did your husband shoot some? I wondered what camera/lens you were using. BTW, is that "Myna" bird the same one that is sometimes (here) caged as a pet and "speaks" or just a native bird?

My favorite is No. 60 - "Rob and I." This says it all. I'm glad you had such a nice time.

Liz
  • 07-02-2004, 05:59 AM
    kkraczek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    I really enjoyed looking at your vacation photos. Beautiful - postcard - images. Better than postcard actually.

The MS Paul.... is a beautiful ship. You certainly had a great time. I enjoyed the scenic views, and the bird pics. Did you take all these - or did your husband shoot some? I wondered what camera/lens you were using. BTW, is that "Myna" bird the same one that is sometimes (here) caged as a pet and "speaks" or just a native bird?

My favorite is No. 60 - "Rob and I." This says it all. I'm glad you had such a nice time.

Liz

Thanks everyone! The only thing that bothers me now is that I had to take almost all of my photos smack in the middle of the day, since we were usually busy at sundown, and still sleeping at sunup :D I didn't even realize it until I got home... but I'm still happy that I was able to share!

Liz, I took all of them except the ones with me in them ;) I used my new D-Rebel :D and either the Sigma 18-55 Digital lens, or my Sigma 105mm macro. I think that the Myna bird pictured is very similar to the pet Myna bird, although not the exact subspecies used... the pet Mynas are called "Hill Mynah". (Thanks Google! ;) ) Thanks for the welcome back; I really am glad to be home! :)
  • 07-02-2004, 09:26 AM
    another view
    Nice work - and with all of those frequent flyer miles you're probably set to go again! Some of these look like they'd be good in a travel brochure, like #23.

I was just thinking that it looks like a great place to paddle (but bringing an 18' long piece of luggage probably wouldn't work too well) - and the next image was of the kayaker.
  • 07-02-2004, 10:08 AM
    megan
    Wow!
    Thanks for sharing them. Reg and I were thinking "Scottish Highlands" for our honeymoon [he has to propose first <LOL>] but I think after these, wer're thinking "South Seas beaches......"

Two in particular that stood out for me was the vertical shot with a kayaker dead center, and the horizontal shot of the - oh sugar, forgot what kind of birds they were. There were a lot of them on the branch.

Mmmmm, vacation.....
    I need more of them.

Megan
  • 07-02-2004, 11:54 AM
    kkraczek
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks A.V. and Megan! Funny you should mention the travel brochure... I was actually there on business, hosting a tour group. It wasn't really work though ;) Megan, here's one that oughta sell you on it! (But I think Scottish Highlands sounds pretty awesome too!) :)
  • 07-02-2004, 12:02 PM
    kkraczek
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    Nice work - and with all of those frequent flyer miles you're probably set to go again! Some of these look like they'd be good in a travel brochure, like #23.

I was just thinking that it looks like a great place to paddle (but bringing an 18' long piece of luggage probably wouldn't work too well) - and the next image was of the kayaker.

Nope, no FF this time... :( It was a perfect place to paddle! Actually, the back of the ship had a platform that you could kayak or windsurf from, and they supplied the equipment. My hubby is an avid kayaker as well, but I didn't get any great pics of him paddling while we were there. I did get one of a kayak though :)
  • 07-02-2004, 12:11 PM
    natatbeach
    nice!!!!!!! if we get Janie to cut us a good deal...and work some real estate connections we could just buy out all the bungalows on the water and make it a permanent PR time share retreat...any seconds on that?????? do I hear a third???? :D
  • 07-02-2004, 12:45 PM
    TheFru
    I want to go THERE!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kkraczek

Hope you don't mind, I sent my husband the link to these and he (jokingly) said we have enough to cover that right now...let's go.

Beautiful place and pix. Very jealous.
  • 07-04-2004, 11:08 AM
    coloradoamigo
    Great shots Kristin...
    My favorite is the "Beachcomber Tahiti" one though. I think everything came together on that one. Great composition and color, and I love the shadows of the palm trees on the water.