ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My two babies...

Many of the regulars here on viewfinder and PR will remember that our first grandchild was born 13 months ago. I have tried to keep everyone updated on his growth. Here is the latest image of him right out of the pool and also one of my baby, his 23 year old aunt Sarah (the apple of my eye).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My two babies...-dsc_1010-2-640.jpg   My two babies...-dsc_0819-3-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: My two babies...

And both are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing these with us OT!
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Here is the latest image of him right out of the pool and also one of my baby, his 23 year old aunt Sarah (the apple of my eye)...
    Great looking kid, OT. Noticing his hat, what cracks me up is how early these "brand name" stores and clothing labels get their hooks into children (or should I say the parents)...

BTW, a blind man could see your Sarah is a very attractive woman. Obviously has your wife's looks...

I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Hey, it's Friday and I'm feelin' FRISKY!... :crazy: :hand: ut:
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

It's hurricane season... again...

Awww what a sweetie! I miss that age.

Your daughter is also gorgeous!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Thanks guys. Needless to say I'm very proud of both of them. Going to have all the kids home this weekend. The girl's are having a baby shower for my daughter-in-law. We're due to a have our second grandchild the first of Sept. This one will live in Texas. Jack makes his home in Tenn. Yeah I don't like it but we have kids all over the place. Just lso lucky everyone is happy and healthy. Hope everyone has as big a 4th celebration as we are at our house.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

OT, my nephew Jack is now nearly 9 months old and I can't wait until he gets a few more teeth(has one) to show off his smile with .

Your daughter looks so much like my cousin it's scary. Ya know, we may be related
    Well, not exactly like her, but they have the same body type anf very similiar facial features. Seems we both have a good gene pool , too bad my mother didn't swim in it while she was pregnant with me :lol:
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    OT, my nephew Jack is now nearly 9 months old and I can't wait until he gets a few more teeth(has one) to show off his smile with .

Your daughter looks so much like my cousin it's scary. Ya know, we may be related
    Well, not exactly like her, but they have the same body type anf very similiar facial features. Seems we both have a good gene pool , too bad my mother didn't swim in it while she was pregnant with me :lol:

Paul I was blessed in that my kids seemed to inherit their looks form their mother. Just so glad they got my good sense. Now if I could just get one to really get into photography life would be complete.

Nikon Samurai #13

I here you, but you obviously have great qualities to attract a great woman and have children such as you do. I read all your posts and know what your family has accomplished. That wasn't all your wife's doing

I myself got the recessive gene, but I am into photography
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Any chance I could have Sarah's e-mail address?

Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Any chance I could have Sarah's e-mail address?
    Word is you have to have at least 1900 posts here to be eligible. Looks like you got a ways to go... :cryin:

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

I heard it was 3900 , but I also heard that fathers don't have a sense of humor about their daughters
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Now if I could just get one to really get into photography life would be complete.
    My son (2 yrs old) will get into photography...HE HAS NO CHOICE!

If he doesn't he'll be stuck in the Santa Monica Mtn range with me doing nothing.

Geez....I wonder if all my lenses will be compatible with whatever Canon comes up with next....FD, EF....then what?

Nice pics OT. I only have one photogenic member in my family but she think she knows better than me....my niece of 5 years old.

Congrats on the up coming grandkid!
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

I heard it was 3900 , but I also heard that fathers don't have a sense of humor about their daughters
    YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!

Nikon Samurai #13

Well, I meant "eligible" to take a beautiful portrait of the lovely lady. What did you mean??? :idea:

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Well, I meant "eligible" to take a beautiful portrait of the lovely lady. What did you mean??? :idea:
    Sarah just read this post and got a big kick out of it.

She rarely lets me take serious photos of her. Most everything I have are of a candid nature like the one in this thread.

Nikon Samurai #13

Liz

Hey there OT........

What a beautiful baby. He really does look like his grandfather! Don't forget - Lara said the same thing.......

I love seeing pictures of your family, Larry. Just keep them coming! And have a wonderful weekend together.

Liz

Many of the regulars here on viewfinder and PR will remember that our first grandchild was born 13 months ago. I have tried to keep everyone updated on his growth. Here is the latest image of him right out of the pool and also one of my baby, his 23 year old aunt Sarah (the apple of my eye).

Can I get you an apple? WickedQueen's Avatar

Gorgeous kids!!

Your grandson is adorable!!!!

He's a handsome little guy Larry. No doubt about it!!

Sarah is a beauty.

Lara

Babies? Wowsers, must be in the family genes to have such good looking offspring!!

Gorgeous, both of them BTW, it wouldnt upset me if you tell those guys to rack off and stop harrassing you for Sarah's email addy, they're obviously desperate ;)

PS. I have a beautiful daughter Sarah too

wow and wow again! Handsome and what a natural beauty...

once the grandbabies start coming it's all over---they move in like a swarm of locusts

My mother in law starts Xmas shopping for next year around February-----

between my husband and I and my brother in law and his wife this August will make 4 grandkids in 5 years...plus the three that already exsisted prior to the little ones

we had a boy then a girl...they had a boy then a girl(this August)

all I have to say is $$$$$$$$ cha-ching $$$$$$$$ cha -ching

congratulations on your pending garndparenthood(again) ---I'm hoping for a little girl for all of you...every family needs one(yes, only one )
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    wow and wow again! Handsome and what a natural beauty...

once the grandbabies start coming it's all over---they move in like a swarm of locusts

My mother in law starts Xmas shopping for next year around February-----

between my husband and I and my brother in law and his wife this August will make 4 grandkids in 5 years...plus the three that already exsisted prior to the little ones

we had a boy then a girl...they had a boy then a girl(this August)

all I have to say is $$$$$$$$ cha-ching $$$$$$$$ cha -ching

congratulations on your pending garndparenthood(again) ---I'm hoping for a little girl for all of you...every family needs one(yes, only one )
    Thanks Nat. I'm in love with both of them.

I know what you mean about the ch-ching. It just blew me away when I sarted to realize what this baby stuff cost. And you need soooo much of it.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Hey there OT........

What a beautiful baby. He really does look like his grandfather! Don't forget - Lara said the same thing.......

I love seeing pictures of your family, Larry. Just keep them coming! And have a wonderful weekend together.

Liz
    Thank you Liz it's shaping up to be a great weekend. Everyone is here and it's wonderful to have the house full (even if it is a real chalenge to get the bathroom).

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen
    Gorgeous kids!!

Your grandson is adorable!!!!
    Thanks so much. People try to tell you about grandkids but untill you have them you just don't understand what it's all about.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    He's a handsome little guy Larry. No doubt about it!!

Sarah is a beauty.

Thanks you Lara. If anyone know the how proud I am it's you. We have gone through this last one together.

And I really did post a very conservative pic of Sarah. If I's used some of the others I took I'd have had to shut down posting to PR the guys on the site would be bugging us to death for more info on her.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by tink
    Babies? Wowsers, must be in the family genes to have such good looking offspring!!

Gorgeous, both of them BTW, it wouldnt upset me if you tell those guys to rack off and stop harrassing you for Sarah's email addy, they're obviously desperate ;)

PS. I have a beautiful daughter Sarah too

Thanks Tink. I think Sarah is a beautiful name and it fits our little girl so well. She is a great gal lookig for her first teaching postion and just positive that it's not coming along. I know tha some school and a group students are just going to fall in love with her.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information