. . . my other luv !

Printable View

• 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
    Rivman
    2 Attachment(s)
    . . . my other luv !
    A short stop off I-81 on the way home, after the 2010 Riviera Owners Association (ROA) annual meet in Harrisburg, PA., and the GM Nationals in Carlisle, PA. A good time was had by all - the weather was hot 'n sticky, and the refreshments were ice-cold ! :thumbsup:
  • 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM
    Frog
    Re: . . . my other luv !
    Very nice looking car.
    What year?
    Love that color!
  • 07-07-2010, 04:40 PM
    Greg McCary
    That's a cool car.
  • 07-07-2010, 04:49 PM
    Photo-John
    That is a beauty! I'd love to see more photos - details!
  • 07-08-2010, 11:06 PM
    Rivman
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks for all the nice comments guys !
    The car is a 1968 Buick Riviera, that was built in Flint, MI, imported into Canada and sold to the original owner by a Buick dealership in Montreal, Quebec.
    I'm 3rd owner on the car that I purchased in 1984 from the 2nd owner, a retired Army Captain in Ottawa who used the car primarily to travel from Ottawa to Florida where he and his wife would spend the long Canadian winters in the sunshine state.
    I drove the car for 2 years and decided in 1986 that I would attempt to restore the car to "like new" condition, so 10 years and a few $$$$$$$$$$ later, I now 'share the pride' of owning this fine automobile by attending selected car shows, local 'cruise nights, and the occasional summer tour. As economy was not a consideration when this car was built, ( gas was .30 cents a gallon), and at 15-18 mpg with todays prices, it is fairly expensive to operate, but the attention it generates makes all the effort seem worthwhile ! :thumbsup:
  • 07-09-2010, 12:51 PM
    Frog
    I love seeing what others love and your love/respect shows in the car.
    Thanks for sharing it.
  • 07-10-2010, 03:04 AM
    Quadracer041
    Wow that brought back some memories for me. My dad had a 67 that he bought brand new. When I turn 17 back in 1988 he said I can have it. But back then being young and stupid I said I didnt want to drive that old clunker. It wasnt a classic yet back then. So he sold it. What a fool I was. I remember that thing being SOOOOO fast. Had a big block in it if I remember correctly. Great car would love to see pics during the resto.
  • 07-12-2010, 12:47 PM
    Rivman
    . . . shoulda, woulda, coulda, 20 - 20 hind sight QR041 !
    That car would have had a Buick BB 430, and was the first year for that engine.
    Unfortunately, most of my resto shots were taken back in film days with an AE1-P, and I only have 4x6 prints that are mounted in a resto album.
    Thanks for your kind words !
  • 07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
    Rivman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    I love seeing what others love and your love/respect shows in the car.
    Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you for the kind thoughts Frog ! :thumbsup: