My New Toy

Printable View

• 02-27-2004, 09:02 AM
    Speed
    I do have an MX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kafin8ed
    I don't have a K1000, but I do have an MX and I have to say it's one of my favorite cameras to hold...oh ya and I like to shoot with it also...

Isn't it interesting that in this day and age of auto-everything, manual camera's still have their place. Not only are they practical for certain applications, but people just love them.

I also find it interesting that while most of the serious/advanced/pro 35mm shooters shoot one of the big two systems (Nikon and Canon), most either have, or have had, a manual Pentax. And they love them. Pentax must have done something right.

Thanks for the comments Alan. Oh yeah, watch out for those wangdoddlers as well!!!

;-)
  • 02-27-2004, 01:41 PM
    BethPhoto85
    Hi all, I'm a newbie, and I'm lovin all the southern talk. I live in TN now, which is more like redneck country than the true south, but i'm originally from SC. :) I also have an old Pentax, and if that thing still worked, I probably would never have bought my Canon. Its the best little camera.
  • 02-28-2004, 10:30 AM
    Speed
    Patience, schmatience!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by I_Fly
    Patience, schmatience! I want results!!! Hehe. Ok, I guess I'll try to be little more patient.......
    Are they developed yet? :)

I'm looking forward to the night waterfall shots!! Those should be cool!

It FINALLY cleared up here. I'm going to try to get some star shots tonight!

:-)
  • 02-28-2004, 10:34 AM
    Speed
    Welcome To PR Beth!!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BethPhoto85
    Hi all, I'm a newbie, and I'm lovin all the southern talk. I live in TN now, which is more like redneck country than the true south, but i'm originally from SC. :) I also have an old Pentax, and if that thing still worked, I probably would never have bought my Canon. Its the best little camera.

You'll soon get used to our good-natured ribbing of each other. :-)

As you've already seen, folks from all over the world frequent this site. It is a regular on-line university of photographic knowledge. You'll be amazed at what you can learn here.

So what model Pentax do you have?