ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Free Photoshop

Free Photoshop

No kidding.

This article explains: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...o_n_93654.html

Here's the official link: https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

Paul

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Free Photoshop

Someone emailed me an article about this at work this morning, but I didn't have time to read it. I have know that it was in the works for a while now, but I don't think it is anything I will use.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

It sounds like it's basically an image hosting site with processing tools. A word of caution - any image you upload to this site may be used by Adobe for any reason. You are basically giving away your rights to your photos. Good for them and bad for you. I wouldn't touch it.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

MN and others, you may be interested to know this:

"Statement for Terms of Service Issues:
    We've heard your concerns about the terms of service for Photoshop Express beta. We reviewed the terms in context of your comments - and we agree that it currently implies things we would never do with the content. Therefore, our legal team is making it a priority to post revised terms that are more appropriate for Photoshop Express users. We will alert you once we have posted new terms.

Thank you for your feedback on Photoshop Express beta and we appreciate your input.

-Adobe Photoshop Express Team"

Reference link: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0803/08...epsexpress.asp

Sounds to me like their lawyers were either too lazy or too uninformed as to copyright law and just wrote a blanket statement to cover anything. But the photographers caught it and realized that, as written, it would give Adobe sweeping rights. Clearly, from the statement, Adobe had no intention of making such use of the images, it was simply a case where the lawyers made the terms of service overbroad.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

I love this site.......y'all just answered all my questions before I had a chance to ask. Thank you! I will leave it alone

I'm sure they wanted to compete with Picassa and get their foot in the door for future customers. I remember PhotoShop came installed on my early computers - PhotoDeluxe 2.0.LOL

Looks like fun toy.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

It's the new software service model.
    The aim is you won't have software installed on your computer.
    Instead the software will be on the www and your data will travel to it to be edited, and then sent back.
    Of course if your network connection fails, you can't use the software.

If they decide to go this route (Microsoft are pushing hosted systems now) then eventually you won't be able to buy software, just rent access to it.

Think about that.
    Right now you can buy a copy of software that works, and continue to use it for ever.
    You could continue to use Windows 95 and Office 3 (I think that was the version that worked) for ever - or as long as your computer lasts.

This new business model means that your provider can at any time withdraw the software and charge you to use a new version. You are then left with no software.

It's a great model for those who are in the software and service provision business !

I see this as undoing the personal computer revolution.
    Taking us back to the days of online service providers, not timesharing thank goodness, but a return to centralised computing.
    If you use someone else's data vault too, then you won't actually have anything of your own.

All we've done since the invention of the computer is gone round in a circle from centralised to personal and we're heading back to centralised.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

i'm using photoshop 7.0 on my mac, it works just fine. i just need more ram!! and memory

Isn't ram and memory the same thing? RAM stands for random access memory.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Thread Information