• 10-12-2004, 11:53 AM
    ACArmstrong
    1 Attachment(s)
    My new business card...whadyathink?
    Just ordered these today from americasprinter.com - 15pt paper UV Gloss on front 1000 for $49+shipping. not bad.

What do you think?
  • 10-12-2004, 12:11 PM
    777heavy
    Re: My new business card...whadyathink?
    Nice card!!!

What is the link to your online galerie?
  • 10-12-2004, 12:27 PM
    ACArmstrong
    Thank you!

Click the 476 icon in my sig line - you'll get there.
  • 10-12-2004, 12:54 PM
    mtbbrian
    Good use of space!
    I like business cards that use both sides!
    Good Stuff!
    Good Luck with them!
    Brian
  • 10-12-2004, 12:55 PM
    Trevor Ash
    Very clean and professional looking.
  • 10-12-2004, 02:13 PM
    natatbeach
    For a girl who was uncomfortable in front of the camera...hope she feels beautimus enough now that she's on your busines card for the world to see
    ;)

great design...very professional...well done...hip hip hooray!
  • 10-12-2004, 06:20 PM
    Cowgirl
    I like! I like a lot!

You also have a great signature style!

Kathy
  • 10-12-2004, 06:24 PM
    ACArmstrong
    Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    For a girl who was uncomfortable in front of the camera...hope she feels beautimus enough now that she's on your busines card for the world to see
    ;)

great design...very professional...well done...hip hip hooray!

That is so funny that you say that, Nat - before I ordered this thing I took this version and three others to the gal in the picture and asked her point blank (though she signed away all her rights to the photos), "Are you going to be okay with this or do I need to go with another model?"

Her response: "That is SO freakin' cool. I LOVE that picture of me. Will you give me some of the cards when you get them in?"
  • 10-12-2004, 06:25 PM
    ACArmstrong
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    I like! I like a lot!

You also have a great signature style!

Kathy

Thank you Cowgirl - What's funny is that while that's how I normally sign my last name - it took me 30 freakin' minutes signing my name on the Wacom tablet to get it to look just the way I wanted it to. The rest of the design was over in about 10 minutes. Sad but true.
  • 10-12-2004, 08:40 PM
    schrackman
    Very nice card! You're gonna like the quality of these cards. I got mine a couple months ago from americasprinter and was very satisfied.

Ray
  • 10-14-2004, 03:40 PM
    Spike
    Signature - Wacom tablet
    Yes! Why is that???? I too have a Wacom tablet and kept trying again and again to sign my name, but it always came out jaggy, never smooth looking. I finally realized since I was going to print the collage, I could just go low-tech and sign it the old-fashioned way. Sheesh.

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACArmstrong
    What's funny is that while that's how I normally sign my last name - it took me 30 freakin' minutes signing my name on the Wacom tablet to get it to look just the way I wanted it to. The rest of the design was over in about 10 minutes. Sad but true.

• 10-14-2004, 04:12 PM
    ACArmstrong
    Re: Signature - Wacom tablet
    My biggest problem is tablet size vs. screen size and the speed at which I sign my name. I've got the 6x6 tablet and a 19" monitor. When I go fast (like signing the name) I'm covering great distances way too quickly for photoshop to keep up. It leaves them jaggedy.

What I found that aleviates the problem is to make the file size much bigger than it should be and zoom way out. Then sign my name in the whole box. When I reduce the sig I lose any little imperfections that may arise.
  • 10-14-2004, 06:09 PM
    Todd Patten
    I want to be AC

I want to be AC

I want to be AC

alas, I'm just Todd...

:D
  • 10-14-2004, 06:58 PM
    ACArmstrong
    Todd- I only started doing this 10 months ago when I got a Sony F717 for Christmas. Then in June, I bought a 10D. Go for it. Find someone you know and shoot away. What's the worst thing that could happen? And, what's the best thing that could happen.

I had a really good day today. The brunette from the last shoot I did (Alicia) - hooked me up with her 19-year-old niece - who is...well...a 19-year-old version of Alicia. She wants pics for her boyfriend. Secondly, I called a contact who I knew to have some friends who own property downtown. I was looking for a place with high-ceilings, big windows, and exposed brick for a photoshoot. He informed me that all of the new studio townhouses (revamped old warehouse space) were wired by his company and he has keys to all unoccupied units. He said that anytime I want, I can use one of those for a shoot - FREE OF COST! Hallelujah!
  • 10-15-2004, 07:10 AM
    berrywise
    I don't even have a business but
    with those prices I think I'm gonna make up a business card just with my email and phone number so I can look cool and give it to people :D Your card looks super nice.
  • 10-15-2004, 08:06 AM
    ACArmstrong
    Re: Really Excellent Andy
    Thanks a million, Gene. That means a lot to me. I can't say how much I appreciate hearing comments like that. All I can say is - man, I hope you're right.

I'm looking forward to your trip to this area early next year.
  • 10-15-2004, 11:06 AM
    Spike
    Thanks for the tip
    I will give this a try next time. Thanks!

Spike

Quote:

What I found that aleviates the problem is to make the file size much bigger than it should be and zoom way out. Then sign my name in the whole box. When I reduce the sig I lose any little imperfections that may arise.

• 10-15-2004, 11:12 AM
    Speed
    Awesome!
    Quote:

Just ordered these today from americasprinter.com - 15pt paper UV Gloss on front 1000 for $49+shipping. not bad.

What do you think?

Great design. I love the simplicity of the front!!!

Very professional looking.

Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.