My first prints...

Printable View

• 09-22-2004, 01:26 PM
    mjs1973
    4 Attachment(s)
    My first prints...
    well, sort of. I scanned these pictures off of the contact sheets that I made in my photo class last night. We should be making some larger prints next week. I know they're not perfect but I sure had fun making them and I can't wait to make some more. I know I underexposed the tractor picture, but it was getting late and I didn't feel like redoing them. On my way out the door to shoot some more for my next assingment.

Just thought I would share.
    Michael
  • 09-22-2004, 01:30 PM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    well, sort of. I scanned these pictures off of the contact sheets that I made in my photo class last night. We should be making some larger prints next week. I know they're not perfect but I sure had fun making them and I can't wait to make some more. I know I underexposed the tractor picture, but it was getting late and I didn't feel like redoing them. On my way out the door to shoot some more for my next assingment.

Just thought I would share.
    Michael

Shakerag Alley. One of the nice places to take pictures in this neck of the woods. Isn't it fun watching the prints appear?

Wanna buy some darkroom equipment?
  • 09-22-2004, 01:42 PM
    Clicker
    Congrats on your first Prints!!! I love the smell of Dektol in the morning! lol...

Just out of Curiosity, What's your next assignment?
  • 09-22-2004, 01:49 PM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunk

Wanna buy some darkroom equipment?

Yeah, I think I do. I just talked to a guy I work with today about buying some of his stuff. I don't know what he has, and I don't think he does either... It's been a while since he used any of it. What are you looking to get rid of?
  • 09-22-2004, 01:54 PM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clicker
    Congrats on your first Prints!!! I love the smell of Dektol in the morning! lol...

Just out of Curiosity, What's your next assignment?

My next assignment is dealing with Aperture & Depth of Field. Have to take some landscape and portrait photos using dif. apertures to show changes in DOF and how to use it to focus on the main subject. The second part of the assignment is using pictures to show motion using dif shutter speeds. The end result has to be two pictures showing motion. An example would be of a person jumping in the 1st image, and landing in the 2nd. Or we can use a slower shutter speed to get a blurred image... not sure what I'm going to do with that one yet. Any suggesions?
  • 09-22-2004, 07:27 PM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Yeah, I think I do. I just talked to a guy I work with today about buying some of his stuff. I don't know what he has, and I don't think he does either... It's been a while since he used any of it. What are you looking to get rid of?

Beseler Printmaker 35 along with everything but fresh chemicals and paper. There's an easel, acouple safelights, 3 good sized trays, filters for 80s era Kodak and Ilford multicontrast papers, some measuring stuff, thermometers...yadayadayada
    Also have a change bag 35mmdev. tank or 2, bulk film loader. Some books and stuff. Nothing fancy but you can make pictures with it. I'm not planning on getting rich off of it.

I'm on vacation for a couple weeks starting next Tuesday, but after that I could box it up and bring it down to show you. It's not where it can be shown right now.
  • 09-23-2004, 02:53 AM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunk
    Beseler Printmaker 35 along with everything but fresh chemicals and paper. There's an easel, acouple safelights, 3 good sized trays, filters for 80s era Kodak and Ilford multicontrast papers, some measuring stuff, thermometers...yadayadayada
    Also have a change bag 35mmdev. tank or 2, bulk film loader. Some books and stuff. Nothing fancy but you can make pictures with it. I'm not planning on getting rich off of it.

I'm on vacation for a couple weeks starting next Tuesday, but after that I could box it up and bring it down to show you. It's not where it can be shown right now.

Sounds ok to me. I want to see what my coworker has to offer first tho. I will keep you posted, and if I want to see your stuff (that just doesn't sound right) I will let you know and we can work something out then.

Thanks
    Chuck