ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

my first "outing"

other night me and the wife went out to take some pics for the first time of just going out to take pics of stuff at the local park. First time of really using the settings on the camera. Took me a few shots to get a decent pic. Thanks to Greg McCary and the book recommendation he made in a thread I happened to read, Teach yourself photography by lee frost.
    I think the top 2 pics of the bridges might of been better in b&w but i wasn't too concerned with that until I got home and looked at them. The last photo is my first "successful" macro shot. Was sunny all day then when we went out the clouds rolled in and it got dark faster than expected.
    Overall it was fun and some nice pics (I think) were taken. I look forward to seeing more pics here and posting more of my adventures.

Ben

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: my first "outing"

Nice job Ben! I remember how exciting it was getting started in macro too. Be ware, it's an addiction! Love your exposure of the water in the second one!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thanks for the complement Walter ... I read your travelogue to lake powell as you were posting it .. very impressive and the pics were just amazing.. I kept showing the wife your pics in that thread and she was just amazed .. especially the canyons ... The complements mean alot !!!

Thanks again !
    Ben

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Hey Ben,

Welcome to the forums. It looks like you're off to a great start!

I skimmed thru your post in the "people" thread and see that you were born in Burlington. Is that where you grew up and went to school? I have some friends from college from Burlington that would be about your age, give or take a year or two. Do you know anyone who went to UW Platteville from that area?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Michael , thanks for the welcome and the compliment ...

I actually went to school at central in paddock lake ... now known as westosha central ... I know a few people that are from burlington ... not sure where they went to school ... i know a few people from central went out to platteville for vetrinary i think ... I went out there and partied once or twice with a few buds .... other than that nothing much to do in the platteville area .....

Thread Information