ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

What do you think?

I am new to shooting in RAW.
    What do you think? Have any tips?

The goofy and the guitar were shot with strobes. This was the first time I shot with strobes but had lots of fun with it.

The other ones are of my cars wet moon roof, in a parking structure at sunset time. I severely cropped them. But I dont know which I like better.

btw all images were processed with the software that came with my sony a700.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think?-goofy-guitar-strobe-copy.jpg   What do you think?-car-roof-sun-set.jpg   What do you think?-car-roof-sun-set-copy.jpg   What do you think?-car-roof-sun-set-high-contrasty.jpg  
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

Re: What do you think?

I really like the idea of the moonroof shots but I think you need to do two things with them
    1) move the strobe up about 6 inches
    2) close down the aperture by a bunch to increase the depth of field (this will effect your metering substantially)
    The exposure and tonal range are both fantastic, and I really think you're on to something with the sunroof shots, just have to tweek the settings a bit.

Re: What do you think?

Thanks jetrim. Next time I shoot strobes this way I will keep your advice in mind.

I actually really like shooting raw now, feels like processing. I just got to get better software. Thanks again
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

Thread Information