ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Me Myself and I

My daughter is offically a TEACHER!!

My daughter (Joie, pronounced Joey) graduated in June with double major (BS in Early Childhood Education and BA in Psychology & Dual Certification). She interviewed yesterday for a job at one of the schools she did student teaching. They called in the afternoon and told her she had the job!! (As of July 13th)

She's put herself through college working 2 jobs, 3 at times. Needless to say I'm sooooooooooooo PROUD!!

(Second photo credit to Charles Hess!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Congratultions to both of you....

to her for being so diligent at her studies and to you for raising a daughter of great strength and drive....Congrats... Larry still ask me if I see you on here. He really enjoyed talking to you last year...drop us a line sometime...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Wow, that's great news. Please tell her that I said congrats...her biggest challenge now will be to keep all of her little boys' hormones in check when they see their beautiful teacher. Thanks for posting that pic, one of my favorites from that fun day. :-)

Me Myself and I
    Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    Congratultions to both of you....

to her for being so diligent at her studies and to you for raising a daughter of great strength and drive....Congrats... Larry still ask me if I see you on here. He really enjoyed talking to you last year...drop us a line sometime...
    Thanks much Nat! I sooo enjoyed talking to you guys! You're the coolest couple around!
    With any luck, we'll get together again soon!!

Joie, unfortunately, didn't have what my other 3 had which was Dad *insert expletive here* paying for college.

Me Myself and I
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Wow, that's great news. Please tell her that I said congrats...her biggest challenge now will be to keep all of her little boys' hormones in check when they see their beautiful teacher. Thanks for posting that pic, one of my favorites from that fun day. :-)
    Thanks so much Charles!

Any chance I get to see the rest of the images?

Yep, I'll get them out to you soon...been too busy, as usual, find myself falling asleep at the computer. :-)

that makes the other three fortunate but at a handicap...you're little chicken will be able to overcome and tackle anything that comes her way...so see in the end she got the best she could have gotten (says the girl who's dad was never there for her)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Sandee, congrats to your daughter for such an accomplishment. And Nat's right...while it may seem that she is the unfortunate one, that is just how it seems.

Ray

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Breaking News! So Am I!

Hey, as of this morning, so am I! My Colorado Teaching License, Secondary Science arrived in the mail! Now if I could only find a job...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Those eyes!

She's pretty as her momma!

Tell her congrats! (but she shoulda hiked the Andes before getting her first job, LOL

Good to see you around here, shweetheart. Let's do some work on that "7 posts" thing, huh?

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thread Information