My Dad....

Printable View

• 01-09-2008, 08:52 AM
    JETA
    My Dad....
    When I first came to PR I posted nothing personal. People even thought I was a guy over on the sporting forum. I never planned to feel at home & somewhere along the lines that all changed for me. Guess so many of you have touched me I'm now looking for support in my personal life.

My Dad on xmas night fell ill at my home. This is a pic of him (with my Mom) right before it happened.

http://www.juliesaltvick.com/photos/236668904-M.jpg

He's still in the hospital and very ill. I'm not sure if he's going to make it. He has a infection raging through his legs and they are not sure if they can stop it. If you could please say a prayer and/or send a positive thought his way I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.
  • 01-09-2008, 09:22 AM
    Frog
    Re: My Dad....
    He, you, and your family have my prayers.
  • 01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
    AmberC
    Oh I'm so sorry Jeta! :( Prayers are coming your way!

Amber
  • 01-09-2008, 09:41 AM
    Old Timer
    I like you over the years have excepted the PR folks as family and share my own family with them in pictures often. You can count on me to keep you and your father in my prayers. I lost my father many years ago and I know how devastating it can be to have a parent in touch and go situations. Keep the faith and I'm sure good things will happen. This is certainly not what you need as you are fighting to recover from your resent accident as well.
  • 01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
    Xia_Ke
    I'm sorry to hear about your father JETA. My thoughts will definitely be with him and your family.

Aaron
  • 01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
    mjs1973
    Wishing all the best to you, your Dad and your family.
  • 01-09-2008, 10:33 AM
    polarbeardiggers
    my prayers for your dad, and my best wishes and thoughts are with you all, we all are awaiting positive resolutions for your family this year,keep faith.
  • 01-09-2008, 10:47 AM
    karen m.
    Jeta,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • 01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
    JBPhoto
    So sorry to hear this news, Jeta. Keep the faith and you and your Dad and family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • 01-09-2008, 10:58 AM
    Alfredo
    I'm so about your dad. I'll pray for you and your dad.
  • 01-09-2008, 11:30 AM
    another view
    I'm sorry to hear your news, good vibes headed your way...
  • 01-09-2008, 02:36 PM
    Jimmy B
    Hang in there Jeta, my thoughts are with you and your Family.
    Jimmy B
  • 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM
    Jaedon
    Hugs and wishes from us to you and yours Jeta. We lost my father in law on xmas eve 3 years ago so I fully understand how things can happen at this time of year.
  • 01-10-2008, 03:06 AM
    readingr
    Hi Jeta,

Sorry to here the bad news. My thoughts are with you and your family. All the best to your Dad

Roger
  • 01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
    JETA
    Thank you everyone.

Last night they did a surgery on his legs to put drains in to help with the infections. I should be hearing shortly how he's doing.
  • 01-10-2008, 11:46 AM
    opus
    sending prayers and I wish you all the best, a positive outcome from the surgery!
  • 01-10-2008, 04:14 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JETA
    Thank you everyone.

Last night they did a surgery on his legs to put drains in to help with the infections. I should be hearing shortly how he's doing.

JETA

I don't know how I missed this thread yesterday, and I'm sorry that I did. However, I'm glad I discovered it now.

I'm so sorry about your Dad, and I will certainly pray for him (and for you and your family in a special way. I hope the surgery really helped, and will look for an update.

Liz
  • 01-10-2008, 04:41 PM
    Ballen Photo
    Hi Jeta, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dads plight, and hope things improve very soon.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JETA
    He's still in the hospital and very ill. I'm not sure if he's going to make it. He has a infection raging through his legs and they are not sure if they can stop it. If you could please say a prayer and/or send a positive thought his way I'd appreciate it.

I sure will. Take care.
    -Bruce
  • 01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
    jkriminger
    Good luck and prayers.
  • 01-10-2008, 05:34 PM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    I am a little late to the game here Jeta but I will say a prayer for you and your father. Just one last thought for you, talk to him, once they are gone they take all the stories and answers to questions with them. My mom and dad died young. I would kill for a chance just to talk to each of them one last time.

I believe with all my heart that Jesus died on the cross for me, no one will ever convince me other wise. Hang in there.
  • 01-10-2008, 06:44 PM
    Glasstream15
    I always feel that prayers for the medical team are always in order. I will include them in prayers for you and your Dad and the rest of you family.
  • 01-10-2008, 06:45 PM
    Grandpaw
    This sounds like it might be the same thing my 6 year old grandson has. If it is the same it is some bad stuff. My hopes and prayers are with you, Jeff :)
  • 01-10-2008, 08:00 PM
    walterick
    Hey Jeta, all the best wishes for your dad and your family!
  • 01-11-2008, 09:20 PM
    JETA
    Just wanted to update this thread.

My Dad is doing well and I swear the prayers and positive thoughts helped. I cannot say thank you enough. They've got a handle on his infection (it even spread to his blood) and his surgery to drain it out of his legs and feet went well.

He's being moved to a nursing home where he can still be given his IV anti-biotics and start learning to walk again.

Thank you everyone. You all are some very special people and I appreciate your support.
  • 01-11-2008, 09:39 PM
    Frog
    Glad he is doing better!

Diabetic?