ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009

This is my favorite time of year and one of the events I always try to attend at least once is the annual ren-fest near Cincinnati. It opened this past weekend and, as always, great shows, fun foods, lots of shopping, and no one in a bad mood.

Took my Canon 50D with the 24-105mm f/4L IS along with a good appetite.

The 5th image here came at the end of the day when I just had to stop this woman and her child who were both covered head-to-toe with mud. She told me she sat in the front row of 3 mud shows that day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-01.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-02.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-03.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-04.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-05.jpg  

Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009

A few more.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-06.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-07.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-08.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-09.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-10.jpg  

See my website HERE.

LOL on the ATM shot. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Love 'em all but that ATM one is just a hoot.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Lovely images, and I second the comments on the ATM - just fits right in

I wish we had more festivals like this in the UK. Mind you we might have but I spend all my time on the boat when their on!

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Great series of images I keep going back to the jousting shot with the lance smashing on contact, Was he unhorsed with this blow or are those OSH approved weapons. Oh and +1 for ATM shot
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Great shots Loupey! One of my favorites off yours is from here a couple of years ago i think of the serving wench. My sister in law just lives a few miles form there in Waynesville I keep thinking I'll go one day but never make it. Your pics have inspired me to call her up and reserve her guest room for a weekend.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

OldClicker, Frog, Roger, hminx, Old Timer - thank you all for looking and commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by hminx
    Great series of images I keep going back to the jousting shot with the lance smashing on contact, Was he unhorsed with this blow or are those OSH approved weapons. Oh and +1 for ATM shot
    I have yet to see anyone get unhorsed here. The lances are untampered and often shatter violently. They use breastplates which are ribbed to catch the lance tips (to keep them from sliding up into the neck/face) but this means that the riders are absorbing the full impact delivered by the lance.

The challenger's horse kept veering away at the moment of impact which made hitting the breastplate difficult for the champion. In one round I captured the champion's lance striking the unprotected area (see the challenger's horse position - even its eyes are flinched). The blow was obviously painful as the rider immediately reached for his ribs. But he finished the show, albeit with noticeably less gusto. The second image shows the damage he received on the outside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-11.jpg   Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-12.jpg  

See my website HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Great shots Loupey! One of my favorites off yours is from here a couple of years ago i think of the serving wench. My sister in law just lives a few miles form there in Waynesville I keep thinking I'll go one day but never make it. Your pics have inspired me to call her up and reserve her guest room for a weekend.
    You've got a great memory! That wench shot was in '06.

I highly recommend it for the entire family. Take your grandkids - I'm sure they will enjoy it.

This coming weekend is Barbarian weekend so I'm sure there will be photo ops everywhere.

http://www.renfestival.com/

See my website HERE.

drg

I love Ren Fairs for just taking fun shots. Great place to test new cameras too!

The guy at the ATM looks like somebody I know. I'll see if he was there. Chris usually wears long pants but the boots just don't fit.

The royalty shot of the Q.E I outfit with the lace hat is really good and you had a beautiful 'model'.

Fine work.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Thanks, drg!

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    Great place to test new cameras too!
    That's for sure! Festivals, along with zoos and botanical gardens, are perfect places to test one's equipment and technique.

The guy at the ATM looks like somebody I know. I'll see if he was there. Chris usually wears long pants but the boots just don't fit.
    That would be a quite a coincidence! Although I did run into my cousin while I was there (he was just a spectator like me).

The royalty shot of the Q.E I outfit with the lace hat is really good and you had a beautiful 'model'.
    Even better was the fact that she was walking with another lovely "royalty". Two beautiful ladies in spectacular outfits - quite a striking sight for sure. Here is the other lady:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ohio Renaissance Festival 2009-ren-fest-2009-13.jpg  

See my website HERE.

Thread Information