ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My Adventure in the Wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by photophorous
    When I went to rewind it, I thought I had the spool release button depressed, but I didn't, and I forced it and broke the film off inside the camera. I don't know what I was thinking. If I'd had something to put it in, I could have salvaged it, but I didn't.
    I have done that a couple of times but was always able to salvage most of the roll by having a film canister around to stick it in. A zipped up jacket folded over with you hands in the arm holes makes a pretty good changing bag.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Add me to the list who enjoyed both the photos and the story. Thanks for taking the time to share them both. What a great place to visit!
    Mule

Any thoughts expressed here are expressly those of nobody important and shouldn't be taken too seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I have done that a couple of times but was always able to salvage most of the roll by having a film canister around to stick it in. A zipped up jacket folded over with you hands in the arm holes makes a pretty good changing bag.
    The jacket is a good idea. Being out in the middle of nowhere, and since it was 100 speed film, I could have probably just waited until about 9pm and done it in the tent, quickly. I just didn't have anywhere to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mule
    Add me to the list who enjoyed both the photos and the story. Thanks for taking the time to share them both. What a great place to visit!
    Thanks, Mule! Glad you liked it.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photophorous
    I didn't like the idea of going to bed in bear country smelling like fish anyway. These were all taken with my Bessa R2A and either the 35/2.5 or the 50/2
    Bessa R2A, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Oh come on!

Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    Bessa R2A, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Oh come on!

Brian
    Hey, bears have a sense of smell that's something like 7 times more sensitive than that of a blood hound. Besides, I was busy taking theses pictures.

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous shots. Too bad you guys didn't catch any fish. Nothing like camping and eating fresh trout that you just caught on a fly line. :thumbsup:
    SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"No matter whether a person belongs to the upper or lower ranks, if he has not put his life on the line at least once, he has cause for shame" Nabeshima Naoshige (1538-1618, A.D.)

Quote Originally Posted by physasst
    Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous shots. Too bad you guys didn't catch any fish. Nothing like camping and eating fresh trout that you just caught on a fly line. :thumbsup:
    Thanks! I would have loved to do some fishing, but aside from the one day we set up camp early, there was never any time for it. We hiked all day, and only stopped in time to set up camp, build a fire, filter some water, cook dinner, and hopefully have a few minutes to take some photos before bed. This was actually a point of contention between me and my buddies. Being the only photographer in the group, I wanted to have plenty of time in the mornings and evenings to take photos, but my friends wanted to hike as far as possible each day. I would have loved to stop hiking at about 2-3pm, so there would have been time for fishing, photographing, and exploring off-trail, but then we wouldn't have made it as far as we did. Oh well. It was a blast anyway.

Paul,
    Great story and photos! I liked the personal touch with the portraits at the end of you post.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

These are fantastic! Mind you, i'll have to fumble my way through the thread to find out which one you blew up, unless of course you'll just post again to save me some time

Quote Originally Posted by tink
    These are fantastic! Mind you, i'll have to fumble my way through the thread to find out which one you blew up, unless of course you'll just post again to save me some time
    This one Tink.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Troy, thanks for commenting. Portraits aren't really my thing, so I'm glad to hear you liked them.

Tink, tank you for looking (sorry, I couldn't resist). If this print comes out good, I'll probably blow up a few more of them. The print still hasn't shipped yet, though. I don't know what's taking them so long.

Slim, thanks for saving Tink some time. :thumbsup:

Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information