ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Changing Perspectives

So I was out shooting today, testing out a couple spots from different view points, trying to get some ideas for future shoots in better light. I love how just changing DOF or angle can change a scene so much. Thought it might make for an interesting and educational thread if we all posted a couple perspectives of typical scenes we shoot. Please post at least 2 different takes on the same spot. The more versions you can post, the better.

Here's from playing in the cemetery today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Changing Perspectives-06152008-1.jpg   Changing Perspectives-06152008-2.jpg   Changing Perspectives-06152008-3.jpg  
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Re: Changing Perspectives

Aaron #2 works for me on this one. I like how you used the puddle on it, and the choice of depth.
    Jimmy

drg

Either of the last two work pretty well.

Did you photograph any of this site from different perspective, closer, farther, different angle, etc. ??

DOF or varing the center of focus is effective and then contrasting that with different composition in location of the photographer can really enhance a location!

I'll see what I can come up with that fits with this thread that are made for the purpose of perspective orientation.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Thanks Jimmy and drg

I didn't go too crazy on mixing up the angles. I had a rough idea in my head of what I wanted so didn't vary it too much. Shooting more of an angle just didn't quite play off the puddle as much as I wanted. The first and second shots were shot just about on the ground and about 10 feet closer to the subject than the third shot which was taken at normal shooting height (that's chest level with TLR's).

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    ..I'll see what I can come up with that fits with this thread that are made for the purpose of perspective orientation.
    I look forward to it. Always learn a lot from your posts
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Number 2 is simply amazing....sheesh, what you do with film is inspirational.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Don't tell anyone but, I cheated a little...LOL I cropped, then added contrast and a slight vignette in Lightroom.... shhhh

I will usually scan the neg then play a bit to get ideas for when printing. Much cheaper than blowing through paper.

Here's the straight scan of number 2...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Changing Perspectives-06152008-2-2.jpg  
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Thread Information