ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Mom's Iris

Mom's Iris

Nothing at all special about this photo, it's just an iris. However with this still being close to mothers day it got me to thinking. This symbol of God's wonderful gift of beauty to mankind is special in that it comes from bulbs taken from Joy's mother's yard many years ago. Mom Tackett has been gone for over twenty years but each mothers day this beautiful reminder of her and how much she loved God and the beauty that he put on earth comes back in our yard to remind us of someone we loved so much. A belated Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers on PR. Thankfully my mother is alive and very well and I gave her the gift of flowers on this special day.

If you have special reminder photos of your mothers feel free to use this thread to post them.

PS: As you get older you seem to get a little more sentimental. They don't call me Old Timer for nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mom's Iris-dsc_4988-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Mom's Iris

What a beautiful reminder. I do have a few flowers that my mother loved and think of her when they bloom but couldn not say they're from the same stock.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I have a big calla lily plant outside that was my Baba's. I was planning on shooting it today as soon as the supposed sun came out.

It's an amazing reminder she's still here with me. She was my Grandma, but much more like a Mom to me.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

That's a beautiful thought and a beautiful flower. Thanks so much for sharing both.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Great story to go along with the photos, even though this post is a little late, it is never to late to remember those great times spent with mom.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Thread Information