Mom's Iris

Printable View

• 05-14-2008, 06:55 AM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Mom's Iris
    Nothing at all special about this photo, it's just an iris. However with this still being close to mothers day it got me to thinking. This symbol of God's wonderful gift of beauty to mankind is special in that it comes from bulbs taken from Joy's mother's yard many years ago. Mom Tackett has been gone for over twenty years but each mothers day this beautiful reminder of her and how much she loved God and the beauty that he put on earth comes back in our yard to remind us of someone we loved so much. A belated Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers on PR. Thankfully my mother is alive and very well and I gave her the gift of flowers on this special day.

If you have special reminder photos of your mothers feel free to use this thread to post them.

PS: As you get older you seem to get a little more sentimental. They don't call me Old Timer for nothing.
  • 05-14-2008, 07:37 AM
    Frog
    Re: Mom's Iris
    What a beautiful reminder. I do have a few flowers that my mother loved and think of her when they bloom but couldn not say they're from the same stock.
  • 05-14-2008, 08:56 AM
    JETA
    I have a big calla lily plant outside that was my Baba's. I was planning on shooting it today as soon as the supposed sun came out.

It's an amazing reminder she's still here with me. She was my Grandma, but much more like a Mom to me.
  • 05-14-2008, 08:59 AM
    mn shutterbug
    That's a beautiful thought and a beautiful flower. Thanks so much for sharing both.
  • 05-15-2008, 01:36 PM
    retroactiv
    Great story to go along with the photos, even though this post is a little late, it is never to late to remember those great times spent with mom.