ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Mission San Juan Capistrano

Hi Folks..Here are just a few pics of Mission San Juan Capistrano..
    I will post more pics as soon as I sort through them..I took some 300 pics of the place...Notice how thick the walls are..Gives a new meaning to the biblical accounts of ''city walls''...

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Re: Mission San Juan Capistrano

The Serra chapel there is the oldest building in California and it's the alter is even older from Spain.

Nice shots. I've been going there for years for mass but I never went to this area.

Thanks.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Quote Originally Posted by manacsa
    The Serra chapel there is the oldest building in California and it's the alter is even older from Spain.

Nice shots. I've been going there for years for mass but I never went to this area.

Thanks.
    Thanks Manasca
    Yes, they do have the old alter..I will post up some pictures of that as well as soon as I get a moment..You really need to go check it out..The pics do not do the place justice...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Another location to go on my list of historical places to visit and photograph.

I'd love to see more.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

GB1

Pretty shots. Seems like many of the missions look the same, but since they're photogenic that means all the shots are good.

But I can't help but wonder what it would take for shots like this to really stand out? Perhaps shooting it in a rainstorm or something, where big, gray thunderstorms dominate the background. Something like that.

I'll have to make it up there sometime when I don't have anything going on some weekend. Only about 1.5 hrs from my pad in Chula Vista.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Pretty shots. Seems like many of the missions look the same, but since they're photogenic that means all the shots are good.

But I can't help but wonder what it would take for shots like this to really stand out? Perhaps shooting it in a rainstorm or something, where big, gray thunderstorms dominate the background. Something like that.

I'll have to make it up there sometime when I don't have anything going on some weekend. Only about 1.5 hrs from my pad in Chula Vista.
    GB
    You bring up some good points...A nice thunder storm and lightning in the back ground would be very cool...Here is the problem with that theory.
    ''WE'' live in sunny southern california..How often do we have that kind of weather..

In a couple of weeks or so, I am planning a trip to the Mission in San Diego..Have you been there before?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Thread Information