• 10-15-2007, 09:32 PM
    jgredline
    Mission San Juan Capistrano
  • 10-16-2007, 09:36 AM
    poker
    Re: Mission San Juan Capistrano
    The Serra chapel there is the oldest building in California and it's the alter is even older from Spain.

Nice shots. I've been going there for years for mass but I never went to this area.

Thanks.
  • 10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
    jgredline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by manacsa
    The Serra chapel there is the oldest building in California and it's the alter is even older from Spain.

Nice shots. I've been going there for years for mass but I never went to this area.

Thanks.

Thanks Manasca
    Yes, they do have the old alter..I will post up some pictures of that as well as soon as I get a moment..You really need to go check it out..The pics do not do the place justice... :)
  • 10-17-2007, 07:02 AM
    I_Fly
    Another location to go on my list of historical places to visit and photograph.

I'd love to see more.
  • 10-17-2007, 10:32 AM
    GB1
    Pretty shots. Seems like many of the missions look the same, but since they're photogenic that means all the shots are good.

But I can't help but wonder what it would take for shots like this to really stand out? Perhaps shooting it in a rainstorm or something, where big, gray thunderstorms dominate the background. Something like that.

I'll have to make it up there sometime when I don't have anything going on some weekend. Only about 1.5 hrs from my pad in Chula Vista.
  • 10-17-2007, 10:41 AM
    jgredline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GB1
    Pretty shots. Seems like many of the missions look the same, but since they're photogenic that means all the shots are good.

But I can't help but wonder what it would take for shots like this to really stand out? Perhaps shooting it in a rainstorm or something, where big, gray thunderstorms dominate the background. Something like that.

I'll have to make it up there sometime when I don't have anything going on some weekend. Only about 1.5 hrs from my pad in Chula Vista.

GB
    You bring up some good points...A nice thunder storm and lightning in the back ground would be very cool...Here is the problem with that theory.
    ''WE'' live in sunny southern california..How often do we have that kind of weather..:D

In a couple of weeks or so, I am planning a trip to the Mission in San Diego..Have you been there before?