ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thought this was interesting

I saw this on another website recently - I don't know how many people here check out other forums, but the ones on this site are pretty laid back which I'm glad to see. On photo.net, the Leica forum gets pretty heated up over alot of things, and here's a good example.

This thread is about how photographers with Magnum are rarely shooting digital and sticking to film, especially for personal work. Personally, I'd be surprised if they were big in digital capture, it just doesn't seem to be their thing. I don't care what they shoot - these are some of the best photographers in the world, and they can use whatever works for them. If you read through to the end, you'll find all kinds of helpful, constructive comments like:

"You people are stupid"

"...and you're a d**khead...so there!"

"I love the elitists, blessed with special vision taking comfort in their perceived superiority. No doubt some really deep-rooted internal issues still tugging on them - that's where manipulation can be found..."

Here's the whole thing, read it if you dare: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=007LYi

Wink I love the elitists

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    I saw this on another website recently - I don't know how many people here check out other forums, but the ones on this site are pretty laid back which I'm glad to see. On photo.net, the Leica forum gets pretty heated up over alot of things, and here's a good example.

This thread is about how photographers with Magnum are rarely shooting digital and sticking to film, especially for personal work. Personally, I'd be surprised if they were big in digital capture, it just doesn't seem to be their thing. I don't care what they shoot - these are some of the best photographers in the world, and they can use whatever works for them. If you read through to the end, you'll find all kinds of helpful, constructive comments like:

"You people are stupid"

"...and you're a d**khead...so there!"

"I love the elitists, blessed with special vision taking comfort in their perceived superiority. No doubt some really deep-rooted internal issues still tugging on them - that's where manipulation can be found..."

Here's the whole thing, read it if you dare: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=007LYi
    "blessed with special vision taking comfort in their perceived superiority."

That sums it up nicely!

Whether it's photography or politics, world peace or their workplace, the elitists are something else. Convinced of their own intellectual superiority, and that everyone else is too stupid to know what's going on. And some of them are very eloquent as well: "You people are stupid." Obviously the hallmark of a superior intellect. ;-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Ridiculous

One of my pet peeves of photography and I don't have many, is the talk of "my camera/lens/flash/tripo/etc. can beat up your camera/lens/flash/tripo/etc." It seems most of the talk comes from people who like the gadget aspect of photography more than the photography itself.

Hey they can use whatever they want to as long as the photos are good. I have alot of good equipment but can't produce a photo that I love to save my life. It's rarely the equipment but always the photographer.

But you are right there is alot of egos on other boards.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information