• 11-09-2008, 11:15 PM
    Sebastian
    Messing with Nik Silver Efex Pro
    http://www.sebastianszyszka.com/stor...verefexpro.jpg

Started with the Fuji Neopan Pro 1600 setting and went from there.
  • 11-09-2008, 11:49 PM
    Sebastian
    Re: Messing with Nik Silver Efex Pro
  • 11-09-2008, 11:58 PM
    Sebastian
  • 11-10-2008, 09:02 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Started with the Fuji Neopan Pro 1600 setting and went from there.

Hmmm, actually looks like grain. I think I know what's gonna be at the top of my Christmas list... :cool:
  • 11-10-2008, 11:17 AM
    Sebastian
    It does look like grain. I think TruGrain has better looking grain (since it's scanned film) but this is faster, allows processing of multiple images and has more stylistic options, so I can live with the difference in the look of the grain. One cool feature that TruGrain had was grain scaling. I wish I could blow it up in here to get a more clumped effect. But the way it handles tonality is just killer.
  • 11-10-2008, 06:38 PM
    drg
    Cool stuff, indeed. I've had real good luck printing with Nik processed images as well. Printed on b/w paper it is very difficult to discern from film originals..

You can also create a layer process in Photoshop and 'add' up a couple of identical images, or subtly alter the grain in selected areas of the image. Best of both worlds.
  • 11-11-2008, 07:08 AM
    Sebastian
    DRG,

I'll keep the PS idea in mind. I just try to avoid leaving Aperture as much as possible. :)
  • 11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
    drg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian
    . . . I just try to avoid leaving Aperture as much as possible. :)

Know where you are coming from, I feel much the same way about Lightroom. LR on a Mac is a good thing! I've used both Aperture and LR and still am leaning towards Lightroom. Seems faster and I do lots of sorting and catagorizing of work.

Other than the 'grain' issue LR for me seems the better tool for creating B/W images.
  • 11-11-2008, 12:22 PM
    Sebastian
    I also have used both, for my mind the organizational tools blow LR away, but LR 2 has some great processing tools I wish AP had.

What grain issue are you talking about?