ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Me and my Big Mouth

One of our company directors was complaining about the photography at a business meeting, saying the photographers (volunteers) didn't show and all they had was rubbish P&S images and he wished they had good pictures of the events.
    I reminded him that three years ago almost every photo of our ABDA meetings in the company magazine was mine ... and that I have a bag of pro gear just begging to be used.
    OOps !

This week I get an email saying that a big bird has told Marketing that I might be available to photograph the 10th anniversary celebrations.
    Fine, no problem there - fame if not fortune awaits.

But did they have to put this in the company magazine that goes out all the sales teams in 8 countries ?

Yes, that last line in red ... is me - scary isn't it :blush2:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me and my Big Mouth-p1060345.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Me and my Big Mouth

Well, I'd assume that since it says "Professional" that means you're going to get paid for it, right?
    I just hope you're not so busy with photographing that you don't get some time to dance with one of those 'lovely dancers'.
    Have fun!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Re: Me and my Big Mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Well, I'd assume that since it says "Professional" that means you're going to get paid for it, right?
    Just what I was thinking! The way this goes IME, be happy with the fame. A little "kissing up" can go a long way. I try not to talk much about photography at work because it always leads to volunteer work, but that's life. Still, there are a lot worse ways to earn brownie points...

Thread Information