ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

marketing myself to young people

so i was thinking how elementary and highschool kids will be graduating soon and have considered advertising my services for these events and formals/proms/what-have-you. however, i want to make it a good deal for kids who might not have loads of cash to spend. what would a professional studio charge for candid and posed shots and what do you think i ought to charge (no lighting or anything, just nice photos)?

thanks!

Re: marketing myself to young people

I have shot my local HS graduation since 1992. I get address labels of the entire senior class from the guidance office in late May and send out my order form/info letter. It has my prices and suggestions for hair styles, and for the grad. to turn and look at me and smile. I shoot those who order as they are receiving their diploma. I used to shoot everyone, but it was too much of a hassle, only one in four ordered. Big waste of film, and having to change rolls during an event like this meant people got missed. This is a one person gig, not any $$ for an assistant. I get a list of the order the kids get their diplomas in advance from the guidance office. Last year they started going alphabetically, but even then four kids went out of order. If you want more info, like my price list for this, just PM me. Hope this helps. That reminds me, I need to get those labels right after Memorial Day.

Re: marketing myself to young people

hey thanks. i may pm you to get some more info

Thread Information