ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back to the real world

Well I resigned from my job at Glamour Shots.

After four grueling months of driving an hour and 20 minutes---my husband dropping out of school to support my new job---moving from close to Salem NH to burrillville, RI --- and two corpoarte visits from people who expect you to live a standard but rarely live it themselves---think "do as I say and not as I do" mentality...

I have my life back. I miss my staff the most they worked so hard and busted their bums to make our store successful--- we were expected to produce $65,000-8000 a month from a store in a mall with three levels we counted 5 people in two hour period that walked by our storefront.:yikes: we only managed 50,000 each month. Salaries for employees were only
    $8-10 per hour...it was nuts. The company works for some---definitely not a fit for me.

I guess the icing on the cake iI'd say was being surprise visited by the VP of the entire company and asked if I wanted to go run a different store the day before our move and the day after closing on our first home---A*&HOLE!

I just interviewed with another company that will pay 4,000K more a year for an assitant managers position---requires only 40 hours a week and gives full health benefits---obviously leaving and going to a better comapny has me all torn up:thumbsup:

Anyway I will now have my life back and my children will have a mom back and my poor husband can breathe again...here's a few pics(with my poor D70)that I haven't picked up in almost four months) of our new place---dark and dreary day 5 of downpours....

I've been doing yard work in the rain---I feel free and happy again...

exhibit a:the front of the house
    exhibit B: the workshed/garage(with electricity---and the back yard is rigged to have both cold and hot water) and eroding land(Rick when you flying down to help with some home improvement projects :idea:
    exhibit c: the lving room--note wood panels(they are ALLLLLLL over the house and the ceiling and---I think he was a beaver in a past life)
    exhibit d: from on top of the hill in our back yard looking down(those are my ideas for potential gravel and garden setting) the guy let his son ATV up the back hill into woods (destroying all kinds of plant life and woods---it's really quite depressing)

see you guys soon---

Sebastian---that photos hot :blush2: ---post some more

that pic alone was worth the return to PR ---missed all of you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back to the real world-front.jpg   Back to the real world-garage.jpg   Back to the real world-living-room.jpg   Back to the real world-hill.jpg  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Back to the real world

NAT'S BACK! Party hard! Woo-hoo!

Glad to hear you're happy again baby. You and the fam deserve the best. Say hello to Larry and the clan for me.

I'll be down to remodel with you when the dial here hits about 115... New England humidity or southwest heat? Hmm tough call...

GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK! Post a smellmewoman shot!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

my new avatar is as close to smell me woman as I can muster---I just ripped out carpeting and shoveled around a bizzilion tons of dirt...

I'll try to put something together since I have the next week off...
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Great to see you back - and glad things have improved.
    Oh yeah, that avatar works for me (sniff)

Do you own those woods out the back?
    Will we see some nice nature shots from there?
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Scratch and sniff

Our property ends where the woods begin---but the woods are part of a property owne/bought out by a school...so it's a free for all back there...we are going for a walk in a few minutes so I will bring the camera along and show you some of hwats back there....

glad to be back:thumbsup:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back to the real world-behind-2.jpg   Back to the real world-behind-house.jpg  
    Last edited by natatbeach; 05-13-2006 at 05:44 AM.
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

mmmm looks nice, Nat
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    Scratch and sniff

Our property ends where the woods begin---but the woods are part of a property owne/bought out by a school...so it's a free for all back there...we are going for a walk in a few minutes so I will bring the camera along and show you some of hwats back there....

glad to be back:thumbsup:
    Hi Nat,
    Nice to see you back. And, I'm jealous of your backyard.
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

HI!

We had that same paneling throughout our house when we moved in. Not on the ceiling, but I think they only skipped that because we have coved ceilings, and they thought it was too much work.

Your little ones will love the woods. We have a wooded hill at the back of our yard, and when it's nice, all we can see it two little dots of red, tells us where the girls are.

Nice to hear from you!
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Happy to hear your news, nat. That job obviously wasn't a destination, just a stop along the way. A new chapter begins...

The link to my new show is below. Let me know what you think...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Nice house Nat...
    Looks like you had better luck at finding a new house than my wife and I are currently having!
    I hope things to continue to pick up for you and yours.
    Brian
    ;)
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Just me and my camera

You have such a lovely home and with all those trees near by, what beautiful scenery! I'm glad to hear all is working out for you, it takes a lot of courage to leave a job that's not good for you and start anew.
    "You put your camera around your neck along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you."--Dorothea Lange

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    that pic alone was worth the return to PR ---missed all of you.
    Thanks for takin' one for the team, Seb!

Natalie, great to have you back. So you've been a little busy (as usual)!?

Hi Nat...sounds like this has been a real frustrating and stressful time for you. I think you are making all of the right decisions and will be back on track soon. Take care.

Tim
    The actual backyard is a pit of dirt and sand... but beyond it is my own little "ferngully" )
    Last edited by natatbeach; 05-14-2006 at 06:41 PM.
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Adina
    The guy was a beaver in past life or something...

the kids think the woods are creepy---so as they get older I hope they embrace them (for some peace and quiet) we found the remains of a tree house which got them excited...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back to the real world-wood.jpg   Back to the real world-wood2.jpg  
    Last edited by natatbeach; 05-14-2006 at 06:41 PM.
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Steve
    I have to look several more times at your work...it's neat every time I look at it--- I can't decided whether I'm on the outside looking in at this world you perceived or whether I'm inside looking out...

glad to be back...
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Brian
    We looked at two houses...my hubby and brothers checked this one out on their own and we had already decided to make an offer based on my brother in laws decsription----I got and hour break from work and checked it out and I stepped into the back yard---and knew... it was definitely in the range we needed despite the fact their would be lots of work to do to it. I'm really glad to have time to be back here...the next installment in the birthday series is this month ???right?
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

It was really difficult decision to make---the district manager and I are very good friends--and it's a very difficult time in his personal and professional life---but I had to decide ho wlong I was willing to risk my family life for his world being stable---when my kids asked if I was moving with them or staying to go to work...it was an eye opener...thanks for sharing your thoughts ;o)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Thanks for takin' one for the team, Seb!

Natalie, great to have you back. So you've been a little busy (as usual)!?
    SOoooo glad to be back and have time on my hands... I get anxious when there's very littel to do---I'm so used to 14 hour days of constant go go go...it weird but nice
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Hi Nat...sounds like this has been a real frustrating and stressful time for you. I think you are making all of the right decisions and will be back on track soon. Take care.
    yay! Charles

I tried to forward my iunfo to you along with some other PRians but I only have an old email address...I am really glad to see you here and responding to my post---what a treat...yay...
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I can relate. The company I was working for was acquired by another firm and the new management could only be described in terms not suitable for this family site. I felt horrible going to work and even began to let their constant finger pointing make me question my self-worth.

I'm at a new company now and couldn't be happier. I hope it works out similarly for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Lamp
    I can relate. The company I was working for was acquired by another firm and the new management could only be described in terms not suitable for this family site. I felt horrible going to work and even began to let their constant finger pointing make me question my self-worth.

I'm at a new company now and couldn't be happier. I hope it works out similarly for you.
    I'm glad you've also found the joy in life again...life is too short to waste---money is nice but self worth is far more lasting
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Is that Britney Spears on your tv?

Hey if you ever need remodeling adivce, you know the one to call! I might work for food and airfare! ;)
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Nat so grreat to hear your going to be able to get more active on PR again. We've all missed your daily dose of comments and images. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more form you in the near futures. See if you can max that D70 out.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Welcome back Nat!

It's great to see you posting again - I've sure missed you! I love your house. It's awesome. The woodwork is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more posts and pics.

Liz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information