ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Mach 1

Pentax Forum Moderator

Mach 1

Well, since we don't have an "Automobile Forum", I'll just post this here...I also posted a Corvette in the Photo Project forum...yes...you guessed right...it is a red vette!!! But this 'stang didn't quite fit the bill and I'm kind of proud of it...so wanted to share it here. Hope you like. The path we walk runs right next to Hwy 151 (4 lanes). If I wanted, I could get right up on the freeway, but, I think I get close enough...hehe..
    Ken

Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Re: Mach 1

Though I think this car is beautiful (and older than myself), I'm still going to be a bother and say that those plastic grated back window shades are cheezy! Even the spoiler is borderline

Feel free to flame me now

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

My best friend had a 73 Mach 1. It had been stripped down and didn't have all the cool ramjet hoods and spoilers. But damn that car was cool I remember driving it from DC to the eastern shore and getting pulled over for speeding - after we had slowed it down from 100 that is I owned a 70 coupe once but it was a pos. I think if I ever bought a Mustang again it would be a 68 ragtop. purrrrrrrrrrr

Great shot Ken. Feel free to drive that pony out west anytime!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanx guys!!!! hehe...Yeah...that is one sweet machine...It comes out every spring around here and I see it frequently. Rick....wish it was mine to drive out there (as long as you paid for the gas!!!! hahahah)...but actually...I'd prefer driving the one I put in the April Project Forum...hehe...the Red 'Vette!!! I guess I'm getting too old, cuz, I can't figure years anymore...too many brain cells down the drain!!! hehe..Oh Jared...no flames...you gotta remember........this IS Wisconsin!!! and cheese is in!!!!!! hahaha
    Ken
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Thanx guys!!!! hehe...Yeah...that is one sweet machine...It comes out every spring around here and I see it frequently. Rick....wish it was mine to drive out there (as long as you paid for the gas!!!! hahahah)...but actually...I'd prefer driving the one I put in the April Project Forum...hehe...the Red 'Vette!!! I guess I'm getting too old, cuz, I can't figure years anymore...too many brain cells down the drain!!! hehe..Oh Jared...no flames...you gotta remember........this IS Wisconsin!!! and cheese is in!!!!!! hahaha
    Ken
    Ken
    Ken, I knew it wasn't yours. But the offer still stands

Okay, you made me go look up the vette in your photo project thread. I think that vette is a 75, this stang is a 71 or 72, they're basically indistinguishable in those 2 years. I think I'd rather take the stang in this case, by the mid-70's the federal emissions controls and the gas crisis had shrunk the power in muscle cars to tiddly winks. The Mustang in the mid 70's and early 80's was the size of a postage stamp and had about as much kick. The vette suffered too. Then of course Datsun came in with the Z and changed the face of sports cars in America forever...

America still produces "big" sports cars though the market has moved dramatically toward the strong Asian/European sports car influences. Tiny, sporty, two seater coupes have taken the place of the Camaro and the Trans Am as the "essential" sports car. Chrysler came in with the Miata and changed the face again. Today it's "tuner" cars that have four cylinder motors, loud mufflers and can beat many of yester year's muscle cars...

I miss the rumble of a V8 motor, they are rare today and reserved mainly for trucks, SUV's and high-end sports cars. But there is something about 60's and 70's muscle cars that will always be popular, I believe.

Post more muscle cars when you get 'em
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thread Information