Lunchtime Walkabout.

Printable View

• 12-05-2007, 07:05 PM
    MB1
    5 Attachment(s)
    Lunchtime Walkabout.
    I work right off the west end of the Mall. Today was the first real snowfall of the year so I took the opportunity to see what was up.
  • 12-05-2007, 07:07 PM
    MB1
    4 Attachment(s)
    Re: Lunchtime Walkabout.
    The place was looking good.
  • 12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
    brhitch
    Great images. The one of the snow covered flags at The Wall is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.
  • 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
    threelions usa
    3 and 4...

actually the soldier covered in snow looks so REAL...

no wait, 1 and...

all excellent shots.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(as it's such an overcast and dull day, is the one of the monument b & w, or is it just the actual shot).

great work. i must admit i absolutely LOVE your shots of d.c.

never bin there, must put it on my list of places to visit...
  • 12-05-2007, 09:59 PM
    walterick
    Very nice eye! You have a great sense of depth and converging lines.
  • 12-05-2007, 10:05 PM
    Frog
    I think this little walkabout of yours has produced some of your best images. Would not even try to figure out which is my fav.
  • 12-06-2007, 06:46 AM
    Old Timer
    I will not even try to pick a favorite here. Just let me say that it was a very productive lunchtime stroll. Marvelous images. Thanks for sharing each one with us. I think that several of these have some real commercial value.
  • 12-06-2007, 07:29 AM
    MB1
    B&w
    Quote:

Originally Posted by threelions usa
    ...(as it's such an overcast and dull day, is the one of the monument b & w, or is it just the actual shot)....

I shot some B&W, this was the only one I have processed so far.
  • 12-06-2007, 08:49 AM
    photophorous
    MB1, these are awesome! You're photos always make me want to visit DC. I've never been. The 2nd and 3rd shots in the first post are my favorites, but they're all really good.

Paul
  • 12-06-2007, 10:35 AM
    OldSchool
    Nice stroll! And, great captures too.
    Thanks for posting.
    Tim
  • 12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
    physasst
    Great shots....as usual, making me drool...
  • 12-10-2007, 09:31 AM
    I_Fly
    MB1, you were on a roll! These are great. The mood you captured fits the memorials perfectly, in my opinion. Seeing them with great weather just strikes the wrong chord with me seeing them the way you've captured them just seems right.
  • 12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
    OBie
    Great images. My favorite monument in DC is the Korean War Memorial - that is the one where several soldiers are walking that you show in #4, correct? Love that shot as well.
  • 12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
    MB1
    Thanks.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I will not even try to pick a favorite here. Just let me say that it was a very productive lunchtime stroll. Marvelous images. Thanks for sharing each one with us. I think that several of these have some real commercial value.

You could say the place is a target rich enviroment for a photographer. I rarely fail to get something worthwhile there when I take the time to pull the good camera out.