Lowepro Monterey

Printable View

• 08-24-2004, 02:05 PM
    littleduno
    Lowepro Monterey
    Does anyone own this bag? I'm thinking of buying one but there are no reviews. I'm looking for a bag to carry around the city, possibly on vacation. I most likely will just have one lens on my camera. The bag is a few years old but a couple places still sell it.

http://www.tristatecamera.com/LookAt...tore.php3.html
  • 08-24-2004, 02:52 PM
    mjs1973
    Hi Littleduno,

I don't have this particular bag, but I do have a couple other Lowepro bags that I am very happy with. I have a Photo Trekker AW and a much smaller TLZ AW. I am very happy with the quality of both of these bags and from what I have heard, Lowepro is a very reputable company with great quality. If the Monterey is built like the two packs that I have, you wont be dissapointed with it. Good luck.

I hope this helped.
    Michael
  • 08-24-2004, 03:09 PM
    littleduno
    re
    Thanks for the reply. I already have the Mini Trekker and it is a great bag, can't say enough about it. But when I'm just walking around the city, or on vacation I'd like a small bag to carry just by Elan IIe or 1V with a lens attached. So that's what I'm looking for. I'll check out the two bags you mentioned, thanks again.
  • 08-25-2004, 05:09 AM
    paulnj
    The TLZ PRO AW will fit a 1V-HS(1D) with a 70-200IS and a 550ex flash :)

I put my 1D/100-400 in one with my flash, but the hood doesn't fit with the flash

I also have a NOVA 5 that fits the above(hood reversed) and a 28-70 f2.8 inside, with plenty of room for filters, batteries(12AA, 2 for the 1D) cords......
  • 08-25-2004, 05:23 AM
    Charles Hess
    I second the TLZ Pro AW, especially since you state that you will be taking just 1 lens. It's a great bag, well made, as is all of Lowepro's bags, and with Nikon gear, will fit an F5 w/ 80-200/2.8(hood reversed). I use a D100 w/ battery grip and the 80-200 ... comfortable to carry, easy access.
  • 08-25-2004, 05:35 AM
    paulnj
    ah.. Put a pro flash(SB28/80/800) in the top exterior pocket (with flash cord and release cable)and a 50f1.8 fits NICELY in the bottom pocket with 3 rolls of film too ;)
  • 08-26-2004, 08:56 PM
    tab
    Hey, I do own that bag. It's a nice bag that's easy to carry. I use it as a "light bag" when I'm only carrying one 35mm with a lens (28-70 AFS 2.8) and then I'll put a 80-200 AFS 2.8 on the side, a flash (SB-80DX) and a 17-28 AFS 2.8 on the other side. In the front pocket you can fit film or flash cards plus there is an inside zippered pouch that I usually carry spare flash cards and lens cleaning stuff. I have at times squeezed in a F5 and a D1X, leaving a lens off of one of the bodies. If you are going to carry a backpack it is one of the nicer ones to carry. It's not real big which I like but if you want to carry equipment, clothes and lunch it's not going to happen. If you're looking for a good solid bag to carry at least one camera body and 3-4 medium size lens without putting a large target on your back saying you're carrying thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment than get it.
  • 08-27-2004, 10:17 AM
    littleduno
    You have no idea how hard it has been to find someone with this bag!

Do you have any pictures of it? I'd like to see how the camera fits in the bag. Is it a top loader? I'm interested to see how my Elan IIe and iV would fit (though never together) with a lens attached. Do you like the material it's made of? If you get a chance, let me know -thanks!
  • 08-30-2004, 05:42 PM
    tab
    What I like best is the material this bag is made of and the way it looks. The bag loads from the top/front with zippers on each side as well for access into the sides. I'll put my camera in with a medium to small lens attached, with the camera pointing down usually with the bottom of the camera facing the front of the bag. So I just unzip and pull the camera out holding the body. The flash and smaller lens I keep on one side of the bag while the larger lens is on the other side. The zippers on each side give me easy access to them. If you need pictures I can take some.
  • 09-01-2004, 07:53 PM
    rolim
    I am also interested in this case - particularly because it accomodates a laptop (right?).
    It would be great if you could post some pictures.