ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Eating lobster & snapping a photo...

of the view I was staring at - yeah, i'm a great date - totally distracted by views with my camera! lol I shot off about 20 over an hour because the sun changed everything, and on my digital i'm able to slow the shutter, so i expertly slowed it down on the railing and aimed, hit the button, ripped into my lobster then checked out the shot taken while eating. Ahhh, such a wonderfully technical way of shooting, eh?

http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Wow, Janie, this is really pretty. I'd have to say this is among one of my favorites that I've seen from you. Well done! So where's the picture of your date? hehe

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by schrackman
    Wow, Janie, this is really pretty. I'd have to say this is among one of my favorites that I've seen from you. Well done! So where's the picture of your date? hehe

Ray
    Lol my date? I hate to say this but I dumped him! This may sound bizarre, but he took me for lobster thinking it would redeem him for what he gave me for my birthday - the old rims off his truck that he originally got out of the garbage - and he told me i'd have to clean them up! LOL He has a little pickup truck and I have an Explorer with really nice rims that I bought - I freaked a bit since in February I gave him a big surprise party. Boyz.

Its funny, seems my best pictures are always the ones I don't think about - when I get all technical the photo sucks.

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    what he gave me for my birthday - the old rims off his truck
    LOL Now that's romantic! Why exactly did he think you would want his old dirty rims? You're right - that is just totally bizarre.

Anyway, you got lobster and a beautiful shot out of it!

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

You know, he's pissed off at me because he thought I should have been happy about it! lol oy!

Member:

I can see his point, Janie. I mean, he was probably intent on marrying you and passing down his old rusty muffler to you for your first year anniversary! How could you NOT be wooed by that? LOL

If I didn't think it presumptuous I'd offer you some useful counsel on dating.

Ray

Did this really happen or was it part of Jeff Foxworthy's act??

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Did this really happen or was it part of Jeff Foxworthy's act??
    LMAO I wish!

Member:

lobster and old rims....gee you sound high maintenance. it's the though that counts

Since he has a little truck maybe you could have looked beyond the obvious uses and used them as burner covers on your stove... ;) or a new custom toilet seat cover

Next one you pick---make sure he had least has comparable rim sizes

just kidding
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Janie,

I value cheap rims(Jeep + rocks = dents), and I would have welcomed the gift, but not for my birthday. Did he actually WRAP them? Cause if he did then the time it took to unwrap them would have served as nothing more than to delay the swift kick to the groin he would have received form me the second I laid eyes on those things.

What the hell are some people thinking?? Oh, wait, THEY'RE NOT...

Nice colors by the way.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    hey Janie..... my truck has nice rims

and I just mounted 31 inch coopers on them(cheaper and better than good years)

How about lunch at "off the hook" next week ;)

HAHAHA
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    what he gave me for my birthday - the old rims off his truck that he originally got out of the garbage
    He obviously was thinking they'd make a great photographic subject. Come on, take him on a photo date to the junkyard - lots of good broken-down rusty things to photograph there!

Spike

PS - LMAO at the you'll have to clean them up bit!!!

PPS - Your picture makes me want to have dinner at the lobster place. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    He obviously was thinking they'd make a great photographic subject. Come on, take him on a photo date to the junkyard - lots of good broken-down rusty things to photograph there!

Spike

PS - LMAO at the you'll have to clean them up bit!!!

PPS - Your picture makes me want to have dinner at the lobster place. Very nice.

Wiseguy! Sucha wiseguy!

Member:

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Janie,

I value cheap rims(Jeep + rocks = dents), and I would have welcomed the gift, but not for my birthday. Did he actually WRAP them? Cause if he did then the time it took to unwrap them would have served as nothing more than to delay the swift kick to the groin he would have received form me the second I laid eyes on those things.

What the hell are some people thinking?? Oh, wait, THEY'RE NOT...

Nice colors by the way.

No, they weren't wrapped - he decided to tell me of this surprise when I got mad at him for something else - I guess he thought it would help! lol

Member:

Thread Information