Look Who I Met Today!

Printable View

• 01-27-2007, 09:46 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Look Who I Met Today!
    He was hanging out in the redwoods in the rain.

Photo was taken with the new Fujifilm FinePix F31Fd digital camera - we just got one in for review. So far, the image quality is looking excellent for a compact - especially at higher ISO settings. This one was taken at ISO 400.
  • 01-27-2007, 10:34 PM
    schrackman
    Re: Look Who I Met Today!
    did you kiss it? that's what you're supposed to do when you come across a banana slug! lol

my daughter went to science camp and came back with a t-shirt for her dad, which says: "be a nature lover...kiss a slug." I love that shirt.

Great photo, by the way!
  • 01-27-2007, 11:28 PM
    MarcusK
    I like this shot in a slimy annoyed kind of way.... my question is though were you out looking for one??
    and as shrackman suggested....did you kiss it?? :D lol.....

Seems like an interesting cam though!
    Marc
  • 01-27-2007, 11:50 PM
    Photo-John
    No kissing. They're very slimy. I don't want to touch them. I was actually out mountain biking and saw him. When it's wet, they're pretty common. I never tried to take a picture of one before, though. Turns out the little Fuji did very well - macro function is pretty impressive as is the high ISO performance. I wish it had image stabilization, though.
  • 01-28-2007, 08:00 AM
    SmartWombat
    Did you do your usual post-processing on this?
  • 01-28-2007, 08:52 AM
    another view
    I hear they make good soup. :p
  • 01-28-2007, 10:23 AM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Did you do your usual post-processing on this?

Yes - but I did it on my laptop and I know the monitor calibration isn't trustworthy. Does it have something wrong with it? I'm guessing it might be a bit red and washed out. I was planning to redo it later, on one of my dektops.