ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Ghost

Long time no visit

I pop in here and there to check the forums out and see what's new. I don't take too many photos anymore (compared to what I sued to do). All I ahve is a little point and shoot digital but it gets the job done nicely.

I moved again about 15 miles from my current location to Lake in the Hills in Illinois. It's a much better area for cycling than Schaumburg. Schaumburg bills itself as a cycling friendly town because they added 2 miles of bike paths on one of it's roads that you're forced to ride on (actually not supposed to ride on the road there). Enough about Schaumburg

I recently returned from an 8 day trip to Scotland with my Mom and Dad. We had a great time a basically did a loop around the main body of Scotland followed by about a day on the Isle of Skye. Between all three of us we took about 4 gigs worth of photos. I think I have about 5 or 6 that turned out well but I've been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to go through them. I did put together one pano real quick like which I attached. It was taken in a very small town on the Skye. It's a handheld 360 degree pano using no fancy pano tools like I used to use. I learned enough that I can get acceptable results handheld now Sorry for the super tiny size but I don't have an easy way around the site restrictions from work right now.

Oh, the other one is me taken by my Mom.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you know I haven't forgotten all the good people here.

Until next time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long time no visit-scotme.jpg   Long time no visit-scot_pano_small.jpg  

Liz

Re: Long time no visit

Welcome back Trevor -

You're always missed around here. I've wondered how you are and what you're doing. It's great that you've come around to update us. It sounds like you had a great trip to Scotland. The images are great.....you look good!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you know I haven't forgotten all the good people here.

We haven't forgotten you either, Trevor - and we won't! Post when you can. If you ever get lonely - you know where a bunch of your friends are. :thumbsup:

Liz

Ghost

Thanks Liz!

Sebastian contacted me and hosted a larger version of the pano.

Click here if you'd like to see it.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Aye, laddie...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    I recently returned from an 8 day trip to Scotland with my Mom and Dad...
    And here Sebastian had told me you were in Ireland! Oi, Scotland, eh? Now that's a totally different kettle of haggis. I'd love to visit Scotland...

Good to see you return to the fold. Now, has anyone heard from kellybean lately???
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Oh, they all look alike...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    Thanks Liz!

Sebastian contacted me and hosted a larger version of the pano.

Click here if you'd like to see it.
    That's a great pano. I'm generally not a pano fan, but this one is awesome...

Liz

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Aye, laddie...

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Now, has anyone heard from kellybean lately???
    Nice shot Trevor! And you do look relaxed!

I heard from Kelly about a month ago. She was super busy and not taking too much time for photography, but she wished she could get back into it and rejoin the boards.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Re: Aye, laddie...

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    I heard from Kelly about a month ago. She was super busy and not taking too much time for photography...
    Thanks Rick. I know folks normally fade in and out here, but I was thinking of her one day, and noticed it had been three months since her last post. That struck me as a little long, especially as she's a moderator, too...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Good to see you post again Trevor. I was planning on riding my bike to work the other day and it made me think of you. Then I jumped in the truck and went to work. I spent a couple of days in Scottland a few years ago and it wasn't nearly enough. Sounds like you had a great trip!!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Oh, they all look alike...
    But the Whisky is a little better where Trevor was. :thumbsup:

Good to hear from you Trevor! I'd like to get there someday. I'm sure you probably made a pilgrimage to your Scotch producer of choice... Details?

Ghost

Unfortunately my favorite whisky's don't have a publicly available tour or anything. I did end up going to three distilleries in the Highlands and one in Skye. The Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, and Talisker.

Again, if I can ever mak the time to go through my photos I'll post a few

Thread Information