ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Local park shots

I went early one foggy morning to school and had a 2 hour break before class starts. I drove to the Santa Monica Airport expecting to photograph some planes but found myself more interested in other things........
    (besides, I couldn't get a good view of the planes with out a permit).

These pics were shot right next to the airport. Shot with 18-70mm sony lens, cRAW processed with supplied camera software and resized with paint.

I haven't tested it on other screens but yes I did lose lots of detail in the white flower that I cant recover. (1st pic)

What really bugs me is that when I tilt my screen forward and aft, the contrast and colors shift a lot making it confusing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Local park shots-feafeaf.jpg   Local park shots-4543343.jpg   Local park shots-4565.jpg   Local park shots-efaeaf.jpg   Local park shots-45453.jpg  

Last edited by LightBright; 05-29-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: Local park shots

Has your screen been calibrated? How old is your screen? Depending on the screen type, some will have better viewing angles than others. Are these images sRGB color space? I would say all those shots look underexposed with a prominent yellow cast and low contrast.

Hi Canuck...... Im on a Fujitsu laptop thats about 2 years old, I think the monitor is a lcd. My monitor has not been calibrated, what do you recommend to calibrated with? When I go to the properties of each image it says's it is sRGB color space. I intentionally put a yellow cast but I didn't intend it to be underexpose. Actually some images like two seem correctly exposed on my screen. I think when I was playing around with the settings I was trying to retain detail in the bright areas but yet still retain detail in the darks with the background maid extra dark or bright to add separation.

O ya, I do have my screens brightness all the way up. I think calibration would do a world of good.

Thanks
    Last edited by LightBright; 05-29-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

There are several monitor calibration tools out there. I personally use the Pantone Huey.

Thread Information