ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Livestrong Photo Donation Project

Hey, I came across this on Digg and I thought people here might like it. Take a look at this. If you decide that you want to donate a picture, remember that it's just that....a donation. Make sure to read the fine print, you'll notice that you give them all rights. But I figured it's for a good cause and the intent is to raise awareness, so I think I can donate one of my pictures. At least someone will get money for it!

EBAR

Re: Livestrong Photo Donation Project

Ebar,

Great post. THanks for the info. I'll definately try to upload a picture soon.

Good find,

Jared

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by EBAR
    But I figured it's for a good cause and the intent is to raise awareness, so I think I can donate one of my pictures. At least someone will get money for it!
    Yeah, thanks for posting this. Kind of a weird project if you ask me, but as momentum for Lance's foundation has certainly slowed since his retirement, I suppose anything to raise money and awareness is good.

Still, I think HP is being pretty cheap just donating $1 per image and limiting it to 25,000. They're getting a hell of a lot of marketing milage out of what amounts to a very small donation.

I browsed a handful of the collage pics, and they seem to be almost throwaway snapshots of people, places, and things. Nothing of much interest.

IMO that would be the best thing to submit, as yes, HP (or whomever) gets ALL rights to all submitted photos, including the right to alter it and use it any way they want.
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Re: Livestrong Photo Donation Project

Sorry I didn't post back sooner. I've been pretty busy with work lately.

I agree it does seem like kind of a small donation considering the size of AMD and HP. But I read somewhere that both companies have committed several million as well, so I guess you can't really fault them. HP also has the Livestrong laptop that makes money for the foundation. I think this is more of an awareness thing than a money thing.

Thread Information