ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A little humor out of a bad deal

These are from last winter at a campground I used to live at. We got hit by some nasty flooding in January of 05. The weather was absolutly crazy with a large snow fall then warm temeratures that brought three days of rain. As the snow melted and the rain fell it seemed it all went into the creek running through the campground. Then water broke through the dike and flooded the lower camground. I movved 5 trailers to higher ground before it got worse than what you see here. The water also washed part of a bridge away, the only way in and out with the big fifth wheel trailers.
    I took these while sitting in my truck waiting for two guys to hook up a trailer to my truck.

The first shot a guy rides in the bucket of the Case that they were using to tow a few vehicles out with.

Second shot is a golf cart being towed by the Case

And the final one is the owner heading to check pumps, but it looked moer like he was trying to plow the water.

JS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A little humor out of a bad deal-010705-076.jpg   A little humor out of a bad deal-010705-090.jpg   A little humor out of a bad deal-010705-096.jpg  

drg

Re: A little humor out of a bad deal

I get big chuckle out of a couple of these, the mess notwithstanding. It certainly looks as if the golf cart is doing the towing! There are various captions that come to mind with all three.

Hopefully everyone recovered from this quickly.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Re: A little humor out of a bad deal

Thats why I gave it the heading I did. Everyone was OK, if not a bit wet and cold. I'm sitting in my truck, in 2 1/2 feet of water. The only damage, other than a broken levy was my brakes! I found out at a red light, but got through OK and coasted to a stop...just glad I did,'t have a 15,000 lb fifth wheel trailer on at the time. It turned out I ran over a tree branch and brok the main brake line from the front to the rear of the truck. $40 and it was fixed.

You are right though, there are so many captions for all three!

JS

Thread Information