ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Post Just getting started

I love digital photography and I'm still a casual photographer in my opinion. Ive started a website to publish my work etc... I'm looking for practice, jobs, etc..., and wanted to know how and where you guys got your starts and where they have lead you.

Thanks
    My Photography Site

http://www.seansdigitals.com

Enjoy!

Canon 400D
    Tamron AF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical
    Tamron 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens
    Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Re: Just getting started

I think you're off to a good start. As you read, photograph, and read some more and photograph some more, you will get better with your technique and equipment.

I started in the late 70's with manual focus and exposure 35mm cameras. I now use mostly medium format mamiya now but I've just recently started using a digital Pentax now. I've made a little money here and there with little league baseball shots and that's where I really put my "training" to the test. I had auto nothing to help me. But they we're good enough for people to hand over their hard earned money
    JUST TAKE THE DAMN PICTURE!

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Welcome aboard.
    You have found the best photography community on the net..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

photography can be a good earner, if done with a little bit of commercial brain. i did 35 yrs in photography. black & white and then colour. on the introduction of digital photo... , the things become easier. we did a lot of labour in b&w PHOTOGRAPHY. NOW OWN A D-CAMERA, VIEW THE RESULT ON SCREEN, CHANGE EXPOSURE,IF NECESSARY AND GET 100% top results. but have a pro.dSLR from canon or nikon and get started from your friends, relatives, and give advt in local paper. never compromise on quality whether u have to spend a little more. a standing reputation, once disrupted, takes u nowhere. so best of luck.

Thread Information